Subject: [ntpwg] heads up on effort to define new dhcp option for ntp

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:05:18 -0400

Folks,

The dhc wg is looking to update the dhcp ntp option:

Their proposed recharter
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dhc/
includes the following item:

    - New NTP option to replace OPTION_NTP_SERVER (RFC 5908)

I will suggest that this work item should be coordinated with the ntp 
wg. Those of you who are interested in this replacement should try to 
follow the work in the dhc working group (provided that the rechartering 
is approved).

Regards,
Karen

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:01:27 -0400

I am curious about the current usage of RFC 5908.  Can folks who have 
implemented RFC 5908 let me know?  Or if you operate a network, if you 
use the option to distribute NTP information?

You can send input to me directly if you wish it to remain private.

Thanks!
Brian