Subject: [ntpwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:06:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using NTP Extension Fields without Authentication
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Danny Mayer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-01-03

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional
   usage of extension fields. An extension field is an optional field
   that resides at the end of the NTP header, and can be used to add
   optional capabilities or additional information that is not conveyed
   in the standard NTP header. The current definition of extension
   fields in NTPv4 is somewhat ambiguous regarding the connection
   between extension fields and the presence of a Message Authentication
   Code (MAC). This draft clarifies the usage of extension fields in the
   presence and in the absence of a MAC, while maintaining
   interoperability with existing implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg