Subject: [Ntp] Updated agenda and slide requests...

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:47:41 +0000

Folks,

Dieter and I have updated the agenda for Wednesday’s meeting online (and copied below for your convenience). You will note that it is a very dense agenda. 

Additionally, Dieter or I have probably contacted you individually for slides if they are needed. Please send them asap. 

If you are remote and planning to present… please remind me so I can request the proper Meetecho support. 

If you plan to participate remotely, please take a look at the Meetecho remote participation information at: 
https://ietf102.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Remote_Participation

Looking forward to a productive meeting!
Karen

******************

Joint NTP/TICTOC WG Meetings
IETF 102 - Montreal
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
Location: Notre Dame
Date:     Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 09:30 - 12:00 EDT (13:30 - 16:00 UTC)
Chairs:   Karen O'Donoghue, Dieter Sibold, Yaakov Stein
AD:       Suresh Krishnan 
Presentation materials: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/session/ntp
                        https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/session/tictoc
===============================================================================

(remote participation via meetecho)

1.  Administrative and Agenda Bashing (Chairs, 5 min) 
    Note Well, Note Takers, Jabber Scribes, Agenda Bashing

TICTOC Agenda:
--------------

2.  TICTOC WG status (Chairs, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang

3.  Enterprise Profile for the Precision Time Protocol With Mixed Multicast 
    and Unicast Messages (D. Arnold, 5 min)
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-enterprise-profile

4.  Synchronizing Internet Clocks (Alvarez-Hamelin, 10 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-alavarez-hamelin-tictoc-sic

NTP WG Agenda:
--------------

5.  NTP WG status (Chairs, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mac
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-data-minimization

6.  Guidelines for Defining Packet Timestamps (Tal Mizrahi, 10 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-packet-timestamps

7.  Network Time Protocol Best Current Practices (Denis Reilly, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-bcp

8.  Control Messages Protocol for Use with NTPv4 (Haberman, 10 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mode-6-cmds

9.  A YANG Data Model for NTP (Chairs, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model

10. NTP Interleaved Modes (Miroslav Lichvar, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes

11. Report from NTS's Hackathon session (Chairs, 5 min)

12. NTS for NTP (draft -12) (Franke, 10 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp

13. NTS for NTP (suggested improvements) (10 min) 
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dansarie-nts-00

14. A Secure Selection and Filtering Mechanism for the NTPv4 (Schiff, 15 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schiff-ntp-chronos

15. REFIDs (Chairs, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-refid-updates

16. 7822bis (Chairs, 10 min) 
    Network Time Protocol Version 4 Extension Fields 
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields

17. NTP Correction Field (Lichvar, 5 min)
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mlichvar-ntp-correction-field

18. Additional Extension Field Proposals (Chairs, 10 min) 
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-extended-information/
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-i-do/
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef/
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-suggest-refid/

19. AOB (5 min)

20. Wrap Up (10 min)

---

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:48:44 -0700

Why was nothing scheduled for:

- ntp-secure-network-time
- ntp-tcp-services
- ntp-tcp-services-keyexchange

I separately mentioned that I have received no slide requests for:

- draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields
- the 4 proposals listed under #18, "Additional EF proposals"

so I'm assuming Somebody will be talking about these.

H

On 7/16/18 2:47 PM, Karen O'Donoghue wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp
> 

-- 
Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
http://networktimefoundation.org - be a member!

---

From: Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 19:49:07 -0700

I have been :)

On 7/16/18 7:30 PM, Samuel Weiler wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scVJL19akH0
>

---

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 17:08:55 +0000

Hi Harlan,

As we discussed on the phone last night… 

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 9:48 PM, Harlan Stenn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

I did not schedule these documents because in reviewing them Dieter and I noted that these are placeholders for documents without any content. Given the density of our agenda today, we decided to defer these until there was actual content to discuss. 

> - the 4 proposals listed under #18, "Additional EF proposals”

These documents are on the agenda as discussion items, but they do not require presentations as such. 
> so I'm assuming Somebody will be talking about these.

Yes, I will be leading the discussion on these documents.