Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:17:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol Best Current Practices
        Authors         : Denis Reilly
                          Harlan Stenn
                          Dieter Sibold
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-07-31

Abstract:
   NTP Version 4 (NTPv4) has been widely used since its publication as
   RFC 5905 [RFC5905].  This documentation is a collection of Best
   Practices from across the NTP community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-bcp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Denis Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:26:56 +0000

Hello!

As discussed in Montreal, here is the latest version of the NTP BCP, with some changes prompted by the INTDIR review. (My apologies for the late update.)

Aside from typo fixes and minor wordsmithing, the main difference is that much of the implementation-specific information concerning ntpd has been moved into an appendix.
A direct reference has also been added to the Control Messages draft.

Best Regards,

--
Denis Reilly  |  Lead Engineer  |  [email-masked]  (585)321-5837

-----Original Message-----
From: ntp <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 3:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
ntp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp