Subject: [Ntp] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-ntp-mac-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:23:37 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ntp-mac-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-mac/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be useful to know if this is actually implemented / deployed. I spent
some time looking around, and found something saying that this was slated for
ntp-4.4.0, but it looks like ntp-4.2.8p12 was just recently released? There was
some mumbling about new numbering formats, but I didn't explore that
rabbithole. https://github.com/ntp-project/ntp/blob/stable/ntpd/ntp.conf.html
has refernces to MD-5, but not AES, so, um, perhaps it isn't?