Subject: [Ntp] WGLC: draft-ietf-ntp-refid-updates (Network Time Protocol REFID Updates)

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 21:05:19 +0000

Folks,

This message initiates a three plus week working group last call for:

Network Time Protocol REFID Updates
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-refid-updates/

Please review the referenced document and send any comments to the mailing list including your assessment of whether this document is mature enough to proceed to the IESG. Please note that these messages of support for progression to the mailing list will be used to determine WG consensus to proceed.

Please send all comments in by COB on Friday 30 November. We realize this is a bit longer than normal but we are coming out of an IETF week and heading into the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.

Thanks!
Karen and Dieter

---

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:09:59 +0200

Hi,

A few comments:
- "I-DO" is mentioned a few times in the draft, but not defined or
specified. Some background is required, and also a citation of the I-DO
draft (if it is relevant).
- IANA Considerations:
    - Please clarify what you mean by "pseudo Extension Field Type" - does
this registry exist? There is a registry called "NTP Extension Field Types".
    - You requested the value 0xFFFF, which is also requested in the I-DO
draft. How is this conflict going to be resolved?
- There are a few informal-early-draft-oriented sentences, including a few
instances of "...", a few sentences in brackets [],
- The section "Questions" should be omitted at this point, as this is WG LC.
- As always, I suggest to add a general comment to the security
considerations section: "The security considerations of time protocols in
general are discussed in [RFC7384], and specifically the security
considerations of NTP are discussed in [RFC5905]."

Cheers,
Tal.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 11:05 PM Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]> wrote:

> *https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-refid-updates/
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-refid-updates/>*
>
> Please review the referenced document and send any comments to the mailing
> list including your assessment of whether this document is mature enough to
> proceed to the IESG. Please note that these messages of support for
> progression to the mailing list will be used to determine WG consensus to
> proceed.
>
> Please send all comments in by COB on Friday 30 November. We realize this
> is a bit longer than normal but we are coming out of an IETF week and
> heading into the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.
>
> Thanks!
> Karen and Dieter
> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp
>