Subject: [Ntp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-mac-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 09:07:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Message Authentication Code for the Network Time Protocol
        Authors         : Aanchal Malhotra
                          Sharon Goldberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-mac-06.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-01-04

Abstract:
   RFC 5905 states that Network Time Protocol (NTP) packets should be
   authenticated by appending the NTP data to a 128-bit key, and hashing
   the result with MD5 to obtain a 128-bit tag.  This document
   deprecates MD5-based authentication, which is considered to be too
   weak, and recommends the use of AES-CMAC as in RFC 4493 as a
   replacement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-mac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mac-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mac-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-mac-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 10:02:22 +0200

Hi,

Many thanks for posting this updated draft.

Maybe I missed this, but was there any response to my comment from IETF
last call?
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ntp/current/msg02733.html

Cheers,
Tal.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 7:08 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ntp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ntp
>