Subject: [Ntp] NTS-KE port is 4460

From: Hal Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 00:18:03 -0700

<https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port
-numbers.xhtml?search=4460>

The servers at ntp1.glypnod.com and ntp2.glypnod.com are listening on both the 
old and new ports.

When your servers are listening on the new port, please let me/us know and 
I'll contribute some test traffic.

----------

The listen-on-both change is in NTPsec's git head.  There are 2 other code 
changes before a final/clean release.  The first is to change the default port 
number for KE connections.  (We've been using 123.)  The second is to drop 
listening on the old port number.

My plan is to wait a few days or a week before changing the default port 
number.  The idea is to give time for most sites to start listening on the new 
port number.  Then wait another few days or a week before stopping listening 
on port 123.

If the RFC is actually published before all that waiting happens, we'll 
probably make the changes and do a release with tarball.

-- 
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.