Subject: [Ntp] Interim draft minutes on etherpad

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 16:12:16 +0000

https://tid.isoc.org/pad/p/ntp-wg-june2020 and pasted below:

NTP WG Agenda/Bluesheet/Rough notes
Tuesday 9 June 2020, 1500 UTC

1. Administrative and Agenda Bashing

  *   No change to agenda

2. NTP WG Document Status Review/Update

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-packet-timestamps/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp/

  *   In RFC Editor queue

  *   Port 4460 for NTS KE officially assigned by IANA

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-mode-6-cmds/

  *   IETF last call; there is discussion around historical vs informative vs standards-track  (Daniel Franke is secdir reviewer :)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-interleaved-modes/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model/

  *   Ready to move to IESG
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-chronos/

  *   No update
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization/

  *   Miroslav reporting: new version to address some minor issues, have some new minor comments and will post a new version (in a couple of weeks), then ready for WGLC
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-roughtime/

  *   Watson: draft version 2, want to get implementations, then revise for WGLC
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mlichvar-ntp-alternative-port/

  *   Miroslav: new draft that adds more attack amplification prevention. Ready to adopt? Yes, will do call for adoption on the list.

  *   Discussion of marking as "reserved"  additional values that are in use but not in the registry.  Agreed.

3. NTS Deployment, Measurement and Testing

  *   IETF 108 is virtual, hackathon is the week before. NTS testing part of the hackathon?

  *   There is some interest. Will work to do this at 108; discussion on mailing list.

  *   Discussion of what would be measured/monitored?

  *   Portable tools seem harder.

  *   Discussion of "what's it like for new folks to join this?"

4. NTP v5 requirements and next steps

  *   How do we narrow scope and start moving forward?

  *   Daniel: we have some documents, hope someone can carry forward to starting a draft. Doug is willing to help.

  *   Need drafts to focus discussion.

5. TICTOC WG Document Status Review/Update

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-enterprise-profile/

  *   Resubmitted to keep alive; needs review and shepherd writeup (2/3 done)
6. Next steps including IETF 108

  *   Hackathon -- discussed above

  *   IETF 108 -- session requests going in now; there is a reg fee (contact Karen if you want to request a waiver)

  *    Rechartering - Karen and Dieter to propose text that will shut down TICTOC, update for NTPv5, etc., and circulate to list

6. AOB

  *   Waton suggests WG github, as a minimum for NTPv5 at least. Some discussion. Some offers to help. Karen will start.