Subject: [Ntp] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 16:38:16 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-yang-data-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Takeshi Takahashi for the SECDIR review.

** YANG.  feature deprecated.  Typo. s/availaible/available/

** YANG.  Crypto algorithms. AES-CMAC has a reference but the others don’t. 
Consider adding them.

** Section 9.1. Typo. s/would used the an/would use an/

** Section 11.

A few clarifying items on describing the sensitivity of nodes:

For writable nodes:
-- /ntp/authentication/authentication-keys:  The entries in the list includes
all the NTP authentication keys.  Altering this list could cause a disruption
for clients and peers (for servers); or prevent a client from accessing a
server.

For readable notes:

-- /ntp/authentication/authentication-keys. Recommend being clearer on the risk:

s/can be exploited/can be exploited to permit unauthorized access to the NTP
service/

-- /ntp/authentication and /ntp/access-rules - The entries in the list include
the authentication and access control configurations.  Exposure of these nodes
could reveal network topology or trust relationship.