Subject: [Ntp] Roman Danyliw's Yes on draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:20:16 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Sean Turner for the SECDIR review.

** Section 3.5.  Editorial. No issues with the text here.  However, it seems to
duplicate what was already said in Section 3.1.

** Section 7.  Consider adding informal references for CVE-2019-11331
(https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-11331)

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 03:47:10 -0300

Hello, Roman,

Thanks a lot for your comments! In-line....

> duplicate what was already said in Section 3.1.

Good grief! I've removed Section 3.5 and merged it into 3.1.

> (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-11331)

Done.

Thanks!

Regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1