Subject: [Ntp] Francesca Palombini's No Objection on draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 14:49:13 -0700

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work on this document, short and to the point.

I only have one nit comment and a non-blocking comment.

Francesca

1. -----

   some off-path attacks (see e.g.  [NTP-FRAG].  This document aligns

FP: missing ")"

2. -----

   This issue has been tracked by US-CERT with VU#597821, and has been
   assigned CVE-2019-11331.

FP: I am just not sure that this sentence adds anything without some reference...

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 03:01:56 -0300

Hi, Francesca,

Thanks a lot for your comments! In-line...

>     some off-path attacks (see e.g.  [NTP-FRAG].  This document aligns

Fixed!

> FP: I am just not sure that this sentence adds anything without some reference...

COuldn't find the US-CERT VU, so I've tweaked the text as:

    This issue has been assigned CVE-2019-11331 [VULN-REPORT].

where:
    [VULN-REPORT]
               The MITRE Corporation, "CVE-2019-11331", April 2019,
               <https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-
               2019-11331>.

Thanks!

Regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492

---

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 07:53:39 +0000

Hi Fernando!

Thanks for the quick reply, and for addressing my comments (I assume the below reference is added as informative). Looks good to me.

Francesca

On 02/06/2021, 08:02, "Fernando Gont" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi, Francesca,

    Fixed!

    where:
        [VULN-REPORT]

    Thanks!

    Regards,