Subject: [nvo3] Fwd: a draft on PSN Independent Overlay Network(PION) Architecture

From: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:04:43 -0400

Dear All,

We have recently published an IETF draft (
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt)
discussing packet switched network (PSN) independent
overlay network (PION) architecture for intra- and inter-datacenter (DC)
connections.

Please see below for further details.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

Best.

Bhumip ([email-masked]), and
LiZhong ([email-masked])

============================================================
I-D Action: draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt
------------------------------

   - *To*: i-d-announce at ietf.org <[email-masked]>
   - *Subject*: I-D Action: draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt
   - *From*: internet-drafts at ietf.org <[email-masked]>
   - *Date*: Fri, 11 May 2012 07:11:17 -0700
   - *Delivered-to*: i-d-announce at ietfa.amsl.com<[email-masked]>
   - *List-archive*: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce>
   - *List-help*:
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help<[email-masked]?subject=help>>

   - *List-id*: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>
   - *List-post*: <mailto:[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>
   - *List-subscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
   <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe<[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>>

   - *List-unsubscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/i-d-announce>,
   <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe<[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>>

   - *Reply-to*: internet-drafts at ietf.org <[email-masked]>

------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Architecture of PSN Independent Overlay Network(PION)
	Author(s)       : Lizhong Jin
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
	Filename        : draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-11

   This draft introduces PSN independent overlay network (PION)
   architecture for intra- and inter-datacenter (DC) connections.  The
   motivations, protocol layers, applications, and etc, for PION are
   also discussed.  PION provides a virtualized underlying-PSN-
   independent network in order to maximize the reuse of IETF protocol
   definitions and implementations.  The inter- and intra-DC connection
   provided by PION could be from endpoint to endpoint, or endpoint to
   network, or network to network.  The packet transport capabilities
   provided by the overlay network are determined by the capability of
   the underlying PSN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft
is:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP
at:ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved
at:ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft
is:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kj-nvo3-pion-architecture/