Subject: [nvo3] Poll for WG adoption of draft-mity-nvo3-use-case-04

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:28:08 -0800

This email begins a two week poll to help the chairs judge if there is 
consensus to adopt draft-mity-nvo3-use-case-04 as an NVO3 working group 
draft.

Please respond to this email on the list with 'support' or 'do not support'.

Please also send any comments on the draft to the NVO3 list.

We are also polling for knowledge of any IPR that applies to this draft, 
to ensure that IPR has been disclosed in compliance with IETF IPR rules 
(see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669 and 5378 for more details).

If you are listed as a document author or contributor, please respond to 
this email whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. The draft 
will not be adopted until a response has been received from each author 
and contributor.

If you are on the NVO3 WG email list but are not listed as an author or 
contributor, then please explicitly respond only if you are aware of any 
IPR that has not yet been disclosed in conformance with IETF rules.

This poll closes on 14 February 2013.

Cheers,
-Benson & Matthew

---

From: Lucy yong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 05:10:38 +0000

Support as one of co-author. I am not aware of any IPR related to this document.
Lucy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Benson Schliesser
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:28 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nvo3] Poll for WG adoption of draft-mity-nvo3-use-case-04
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nvo3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nvo3

---

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:30:25 +0000

Support. I am not aware of any IPR related to this document. 

Linda

> Lucy yong
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:11 PM
> To: Benson Schliesser; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [nvo3] Poll for WG adoption of draft-mity-nvo3-use-case-04
>

---

From: "Toy, Mehmet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:36:56 +0000

Support. I am not aware of any IPR issues associated with this draft.
Mehmet 
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
> Of Benson Schliesser
> consensus to adopt draft-mity-nvo3-use-case-04 as an NVO3 working 
> group draft.
> 
> We are also polling for knowledge of any IPR that applies to this 
> draft, to ensure that IPR has been disclosed in compliance with IETF 
> IPR rules (see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669 and 5378 for more details).
> 
> If you are listed as a document author or contributor, please respond 
> to this email whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. The 
> draft will not be adopted until a response has been received from each 
> author and contributor.
> 
> If you are on the NVO3 WG email list but are not listed as an author 
> or contributor, then please explicitly respond only if you are aware 
> of any IPR that has not yet been disclosed in conformance with IETF 
> rules.
>

---

From: "Bannai, Vinay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:22:21 +0000

Hello,

This might be a little late but I had a few comments on the use cases.
The use cases do a good job of covering most of the use cases. However the
use cases seem more directed towards the SPDC use cases. There are few use
cases that we are dealing with that requires segmentation of the web-tiers
and the mid-tiers that conform to certain security rules. In this context,
the definition of a tenant gets a little hazy. To give an example.
The web-tier talks to the mid-tier but depending on the transactions might
have to go through a firewall/policy device that enforces security rules
and zones. This may not be the typical use case, but I would like to
capture this in this document.

The other use case is when you have a legacy tenant (using physical
hardware) but new capacity adds are happening in a virtual environment.
The tenant machines are now spread across both physical and virtual
worlds. The other use case  case is that of a database or a data store
that happens to reside in the physical world with the VM's in the virtual
world that access them.

-- 
Vinay Bannai
408-967-7784
Cloud Engineering
PayPal

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:35:33 -0900

Support.

I'd like to see VM migration added to section 5, as it's in the
charter as a requirement.

I am delighted to see a section on OAM considerations.

Melinda