Subject: [nvo3] Document Action: 'Problem Statement: Overlays for Network Virtualization' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:46:10 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Problem Statement: Overlays for Network Virtualization'
  (draft-ietf-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network Virtualization Overlays
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

  This document describes issues associated with providing multi-
   tenancy in large data center networks and how these issues may be
   addressed using an overlay-based network virtualization approach. 

Working Group Summary

   The document is the result of the combination of text from an 
   original problem statement draft, that was used as a basis for the 
   formation of the NVO3 working  group, and the input of others in 
   who felt that the original draft did not consider L3VPN solutions 
   and issues sufficiently. A design team with a new editor was 
   formed to resolve these comments and co-edit the combined draft. 
   This combined draft was adopted by the working group and then  
   followed the normal process through working group last call.
         
Document Quality

   I have no concerns about the quality of the document. I believe it 
   represents  WG consensus, and it has been widely reviewed and 
   discussed on the list since formation of the NVO3 working group.

Personnel

   Matthew Bocci is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

The Editors of the draft feel that listing 4 authors - in addition to 
the Editors - is necessary for proper accreditation and recognition 
of the hard work, constant review and participation in discussions 
and decision made with respect to the draft. We hope that 
you are able to assist us in this matter.