Subject: [nvo3] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-04.txt

From: "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 10:38:25 +0000

This email begins a two week working group last call for draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-04.txt.

Please review the draft and post any comments to the NVO3 working group list.

If you have read the latest version of the draft but have no comments and believe it is ready for publication as an Informational RFC, please also indicate so to the WG email list.

This working group last call will close on Friday 21st January 2016.

Best regards

Matthew and Benson

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 18:16:25 +0800

Working Group,

I re-read the document now, I like the document, it is clear and well-
written. It is is ready for publication as a Informational RFC, some
small nits, questions and suggestions.

Nits:

Terminology - NIC needs to be expanded.

3.4 - VM is not expanded (maybe even an entry in the terminology section
is motivated).

Section 3.1.2 TTL Considerations
Are the TTLs (in the case a L3 network carrying L3 traffic) independent?

Section 5.5 ARP is not expanded; I would support a request to the RFC
Editor to make it well-know, but as long as it isn't it should be
expanded, when used first time.

I would have thought that familiarity with the NVO3 problem statement
and frame would be required. At least an informative reference and a
sentence pointing out this work would be good.

/Loa

On 2016-01-05 18:38, Bocci, Matthew (Matthew) wrote:
> If you have read the latest version of the draft but have no comments
> and believe it is ready for publication as an Informational RFC, please
> also indicate so to the WG email list.
>
> _______________________________________________
> nvo3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nvo3
>