Subject: Re: Bug: Public-Key Encrypted Session Key Packets?

From: [email-masked] (Ulf Möller)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 98 02:17 +0200

The description of Public-Key Encrypted Session Key Packets is still
flawed in the 07 draft, as Ian Brown noted in a comment to the
previous draft.

>>5.1. Public-Key Encrypted Session Key Packets (Tag 1)
>>...
>>a two-octet checksum is appended which is equal to the
>>sum of the preceding octets, including the algorithm
>>identifier and session key, modulo 65536

The checksum is over the session key only, *not* including the
algorithm identifier.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ulf Möller)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 98 00:21 +0200

|   0x01: Signature of a canonical text document.
|       Typically, this means the signer owns it, created it, or
|       certifies that it has not been modified.  The signature is
|       calculated over the text data with its line endings converted to
|       <CR><LF> and trailing blanks removed.

Trailing blanks are removed _only_ for cleartext signatures, in the
transformation described in section 7.1. Otherwise (for signatures
contained in a PGP message, and for detached signatures) they are part
of the signature.

BTW, there's no proper definition of detached signatures in the draft.
They probably should be mentioned in section 10 because they are used
for PGP/MIME.