Subject: OpenPGP agenda for Dec 7

From: "John W. Noerenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:47:13 -0800

>
> Anyway, we are a couple of guys who once more would like to have a stab at
> a public definition on how PGP keys should be stored in a LDAP directory.
> I wrote a I-D a couple of years ago but we where not able then to agree on a
> standard that would allow you to store several PGP keys for one object.

LDAP & PGP
Recently I learned about discussion concerning how to store PGP keys 
in LDAP directories.  This would be out of scope for our current WG 
charter.  I plan to put a discussion of whether to expand our charter 
to include this on the agenda for the meeting next Monday.

PGP/MIME
The other work item for our charter, PGP/MIME hasn't gotten much 
attention.  Kazu Yamamoto keeps reminding me about this.  I've 
finally succumbed and invited him to write a new draft for PGP/MIME. 
It is too late for it to appear in the I-D directory, however, I've 
suggested Kazu send it to the mailing list in advance of the meeting, 
so you have a chance to see it.  We'll get it -- and future revisions 
-- posted as proper I-Ds, so we won't have to annoy you with large 
messages, and so we insure we're properly documenting our work.

RFC2440
A few nits have been noted in the Proposed Standard (I do like saying 
that).  Since there hasn't been a great deal of discussion about 
them, this will be on the agenda.  Also, I want to outline the steps 
for getting to Draft Standard.

This is  what I have currently.  Unless anyone offers any other 
topics, we probably will not fill the two hours -- which will allow 
more terminal room time for those inclined (or other entertainments). 
If there is anything else you'd like to talk about, now would be a 
real good time to tell me about them.

john noerenberg
[email-masked]
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  no matter what a waste one has made of one's life, it is ever
  possible to find some path to redemption
  -- Charles Frazier, "Cold Mountain", Vintage Books, 1997
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 09:52:25 +0900

From: "John  W. Noerenberg" <[email-masked]>
Subject: OpenPGP agenda for Dec 7
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:47:13 -0800

> so you have a chance to see it.  

Attached is a OpenPGP/MIME ID. Since this ID has not been submitted,
you should refer this as #rev 00.00.

Many things, including the author list, are tentative. (Some ideas
came from Thomas Roessler.)

--Kazu