Subject: URGENT: Need crypto product info!

From: Cyberspace Policy Institute <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:42:22 -0400 (EDT)

Please forward this message to others who are interested on the topic. A

WWW-version of this message can be found at
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/seas/institutes/cpi/cryptosurvey/call4info.html

Please excuse us for the cross-postings

**************************************************************
           NON-U.S. CRYPTOGRAPHIC PRODUCT SURVEY
                  CALL FOR INFORMATION
**************************************************************

The George Washington University and NAI Labs, The Security Research
Division of Network Associates (formerly the research division of
Trusted Information Systems) are conducting a survey to identify
cryptographic products manufactured outside the United States and are
examining product specifications to assess their functionality and
security.

We are soliciting input from those with knowledge of cryptographic
products through the use of this survey form.  If you know of
cryptographic products that are manufactured in countries other than the
United States, please complete this form and submit it to the Cyberspace
Policy Institute (CPI) NO LATER THAN TUESDAY MAY 18, 1999. You may
submit this form via email to [email-masked] or fax at (202) 994-5505
in Washington D.C.

In addition, we ask you to send or post this survey to anyone or place
that would have knowledge of cryptographic products. Inquiries about
this survey may be made to the Cyberspace Policy Institute at
[email-masked] or (202) 994-5512. This survey may also be found on the
CPI Web site at http://www.seas.gwu.edu/seas/institutes/cpi.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Professor Lance J. Hoffman, The George Washington University
David Balenson, NAI Labs, The Security Research Division of Network Associates

**************************************************************

           NON-U.S. CRYPTOGRAPHIC PRODUCT SURVEY

DATE:

COMPLETED BY:

Your Name:
Phone:
E-mail:

NAME AND ADDRESS OF MANUFACTURER

Name:
Address:
City:                    State:                  Zip Code:
Country:
URL:

MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION

Name:                                Title:
Phone:                               FAX:
E-mail:                              800#:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Name (including model and version information):

Product-specific URL:

Is it software-only, hardware-only, or a software/hardware combination?

What does it encrypt (e.g., disk, file, communications, FAX, voice,
magnetic tape, electronic mail)?

If embedded software or hardware, what platforms does it support (e.g.,
PC, Mac, UNIX workstation, IBM mainframe), else if standalone hardware,
what interfaces does it support (RS-232, telephone, V.24, V.35)?

If software, is it in the form of a kit or as an end-user program, else
if hardware, what is the embodiment (e.g., chip, board, PCMCIA card,
smart card, box, phone)?

What algorithms does it employ for data encryption (including
proprietary algorithms and key length)?

If applicable, what algorithms does it employ for key management
(including proprietary algorithms and key length)?

If applicable, what algorithms does it employ for data authentication
(including proprietary algorithms)?

How is the product sold or distributed (e.g., store front, mail order,
telephone order, World Wide Web, anonymous ftp over the Internet)?

If applicable, what is the quantity one purchase price?

(Optional) Approximate number of units sold or distributed?

(Optional) Approximate date product was first available?

Please provide a list of the names and relationships of any associated
companies (e.g., parent company, sister company, distributors). Include
full address and contact name, title, phone, FAX, and e-mail address.
Other information:

PLEASE PROVIDE A COPY OF ANY RELEVANT PRODUCT LITERATURE.

Send completed forms and product literature via e-mail to
[email-masked] or via fax to the Cyberspace Policy Institute at 
202-994-5505 in Washington D.C.

THANK YOU!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This survey is part of an ongoing worldwide study of cryptographic
products started in April 1994 by Trusted Information Systems and 
Dr. Lance J. Hoffman of the George Washington University.
The December 1997 summary results of the survey are available on the
World Wide Web at
http://www.nai.com/products/security/tis_research/crypto/crypt_surv.asp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~