Subject: Re: Moving forward

From: "John W. Noerenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:07:31 -0500

At 10:19 AM +0200 10/12/99, Werner Koch wrote:
>
>I see more and more demand for S/MIME applications.  To make OpenPGP
>a success we should really agree on some topics and move forward to
>get OpenPGP into draft standard state.

The principal task to move openPGP to DRAFT is to verify 
interoperability of the implementations which have been done.  To do 
that I need a list of all the requirements in the protocol, their 
classification (MUST, SHOULD, MAY), and them determine who has 
implemented them.  If there are problems implementing them, then 
we'll either have to fix them or drop them.  If they are implemented, 
we need to verify that different implementations interpret them in 
the same way so that data is exchanged interoperably.

If Tony's list is accurate, then we have the table to use to measure 
implementations compliance.

john noerenberg
[email-masked]
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
   There is no sorrow like the memory of love
   and the knowledge it is gone forever.
   -- Marion Zimmer Bradley, "The Mists of Avalon", 1982
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------