Subject: Reference to PKCS1

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:43:19 -0800

Should we be refering to PKCS1 V2? If so, what document should we refer to?

	Jon

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:46:06 -0800

>Should we be refering to PKCS1 V2? If so, what document should we refer to?

Yes, Jon, we should. RFC2437 obsoletes RFC2313.

	Jon

---

From: Michael Elkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:02:33 -0800

> Yes, Jon, we should. RFC2437 obsoletes RFC2313.

I would take a look at the changes from 1.5 to 2.0
http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/pkcs/pkcs-1/pkcs1v2_changes.html
It looks like they changed the recommended data encoding step for 2.0, which
means that anyone who has implemented the 1.5 spec will likely not be able
to interoperate with the 2.0 spec.  Perhaps the next draft to include SHOULD
implement the PKCS1 1.5 scheme for interoperability?  I'm still trying to
figure out how one is supposed to know which version was used...

me