Subject: [OPS-AREA] Looking ahead to Prague

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 05:17:45 +0200

Juergen and myself would like to capitalize on the work done in nmrg and
the two-days workshop of NMRG recently hold in Utrecht. We suggest that
we hold a joint meeting of the OPS area and NMRG at ietf-68 in Prague.
We intent to encourage the participation of researchers in the field of
network management in order to present their work and proposals, and
explain some of the concepts that they are working at which are less
known in the broader OPS and Management community. The goal is to
summarize what came out of the Utrecht meeting and explain using a few
examples where research is heading, seek feedback and discuss ways to
ignite new work in the area. 
 
Dan

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:35:50 +0100

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:23:48PM -0800, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Dan,
> 
> If there is to be a joint meeting at the Prague IETF, what length are we 
> talking about?  Two hours or two days?

I am not sure what Dan's ideas are, but we could have a joint session
in a normal IETF meeting slot (say two hours) where we provide an
overview and initiate interaction followed by a longer NMRG meeting
scheduled for say Friday where we would have more time to dive into
details.

In general, I think ideas and suggestions are more than welcome at
this stage of the planning.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		 International University Bremen
				 (Jacobs University Bremen as of Spring 2007)
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	 P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:23:48 -0800

Dan,

Eliot