Subject: [OPS-AREA] MIB2RMDL discussion list available

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:48:31 -0400

Hi,

For those who were not at the OpsArea meetings in Prague (or have
forgotten :), we held a mini-BOF on the topic of standardizing a
methodology to convert SNMP MIBs to SOA/WS resource model artifacts
(tagged as "MIB to Resource Model Description Language" (MIB2RMDL),
using "Language" very loosely in this context).
 
The material presented in Prague is available at
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/opsarea-7.ppt.  It's
relatively short (13 slides or so) and employs the "repetition is the
key to learning" approach (familiar to all of us from Jeff Case's many
helpful tutorials on SNMP in past years).  
  
The O&M Area decided to proceed with further investigation of the
MIB2RMDL idea, with the first step being to establish an e-mail list
for discussion of the proposal.  If you would like to participate or
even just monitor the discussion, you can subscribe at
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib2rdml.

My hope is that the discussion will lead to sufficient definition and
further acceptance of the MIB2RMDL proposal so that we can charter a
formal Working Group at IETF-69 in Chicago this July. 

I will produce and post an updated (-01) I-D in the next week or so,
incorporating input/feedback from the Prague meeting and anything else
that might develop on this list in the meantime.  (Co-authors
welcomed.)
 
Cheers,
BobN

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area