Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: NGNMFG transition plan

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:40:37 +0200

I received this communication from the chair of the ITU-T NGN Network
Management Focus Group. 

Comments and Questions are welcome. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sidor [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:46 AM
To: *Lam, Hing-Kam; *Mak, Leen; *Garbanati, Linda; *Toche, Christian;
*Scheer, Randy; *Burkett, Debbie; *Jeffree, Tony; Romascanu, Dan (Dan);
*Gannon, Patrick; *Zhdankin,
Subject: NGNMFG transition plan

ITU-T SG 15: Kam Lam
ETSI TISPAN WG 8: Leen Mak
ATIS TMOC: Linda Garbanati
3GPP SA5: Christian Toche
3GPP2 TSG-S WG5: Randy Scheer
TM Forum: Debbie Burkett
IEEE 802.1: Tony Jeffree
IETF Operations and Management Area: Dan Romascanu
OASIS: Patrick Gannon
DMTF: Alex Zhdankin

Colleagues,

This email is being sent to the leaders and/or key individuals of the
organizations whose work has most influenced the results of the NGN
Management Focus Group (NGNMFG) sponsored by ITU-T SG 4. Please share
this email with leaders of your organization as you see the need.

If you recall, the NGNMFG will be terminated at the May SG 4 meeting
(the current NGNMFG terms of reference are attached). However its work
is still not complete and thus at its last meeting on 5 May the NGNMFG
is expected to recommend the following plan:

- that SG 4 create a Joint Coordination Activity (JCA) on Management
with objectives and tasks as described in the attachment (note this is a
draft)

- that Q 8/4 assume responsibility for the restructured NGN Management
Specification Roadmap in support of the JCA

As noted in the attachment, representatives of your organization will be
invited to participate so that we can continue the information sharing
and in particular the harmonization and gap analysis discussions,
tracking, and recommendations.

I trust that I can count on your support for this two-fold action plan.
Your comments on this plan are of course welcome.

Thanks

Dave Sidor
NGNMFG chair
_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area