Subject: [OPS-AREA] Agenda for OPSAREA open meting ...

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:52:01 +0200

... is available at
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/agenda/opsarea.txt. There is still
room on the agenda for other items. 

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:12:43 +0200

> room on the agenda for other items. 

If there is room, I might have an agenda item related to the
management of 6lowpan networks. We have been working on implementing
SNMPv1/SNMPv3 on typical 802.15.4 kind of devices, SNMP running over
UDP/IPv6/6LoWPAN/IEEE802.15.4. There is an early draft available but
due to our focus on getting implementation experience first, we have
not updated this document for a while (so just for completeness):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamid-6lowpan-snmp-optimizations-02

In principle, there are two things that can be done in this space:

a) An document discussing how to use the existing SNMP framework and
   associated MIB modules on very resource constrained devices, kind
   of an applicability statement of SNMP for 6LoWPAN devices.

b) MIB modules specifically for managing 6LoWPAN and the RPL routing
   protocol.

Work item b) should naturally be done in the 6LoWPAN and ROLL working
groups (already on the charter for ROLL). The question is where a)
belongs to - does it belong into the OPS area, e.g. the OPSAWG or
somewhere else?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:18:36 +0200

There is room. How much time do you need? 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 7:13 PM
> To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [OPS-AREA] Agenda for OPSAREA open meting ...
> 
> SNMPv1/SNMPv3 on typical 802.15.4 kind of devices, SNMP 
> running over UDP/IPv6/6LoWPAN/IEEE802.15.4. There is an early 
> draft available but due to our focus on getting 
> implementation experience first, we have not updated this 
> document for a while (so just for completeness):
> 
> Work item b) should naturally be done in the 6LoWPAN and ROLL 
> working groups (already on the charter for ROLL). The 
> question is where a) belongs to - does it belong into the OPS 
> area, e.g. the OPSAWG or somewhere else?
> 
> /js
> 
> --

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:34:49 +0200

> There is room. How much time do you need? 

10-15 minutes - with 15 minutes I can provide some more details
concerning implementation experience as background/motivation.

/js