Subject: [OPS-NM] ARES 2007: Call for workshop proposals, deadline Sept 10, 2006

From: "Manh Tho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:23:29 +0200

Dear colleague,

As you may know, in conjunction with the "Second International
Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (AReS) - ARES
2007 conference, a number of workshops will be organised.

It is my pleasure to invite you to submit workshop proposals. Workshop
proposals should include the call for papers, the number of papers to
be accepted, the contact person, etc. and sent to the Workshop
Organizing Committee ([email-masked]) by September 10th 2006.

Proceedings of the ARES 2007 workshops will be published by IEEE
Computer Society Press.

We apologie for multiple copies due to cross postings. Please send to
interested colleagues and students.

Best regards,

Nguyen Manh Tho
ARES 2007 Workshop Co-chair

                       Call for Workshop Proposals
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Second International Conference on Availability, Reliability and
Security - ARES 2007 - "The International Security and Dependability
Conference"

               April 10th – April 13th, 2007
            Vienna University of Technology, Austria

                http://www.ares-conf.org

                http://www.ares-conference.eu
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Conference
===========
The 1st International Conference on Availability, Reliability and
Security conference (ARES 2006) has been succesfully organized in
Vienna, AUSTRIA from April 20 to April 22, 2006 by the Technical
University of Vienna in cooperation with the European Network and
Security Agency (ENISA). We have attracted 250 participants for this
conference with its 3 keynotes speakers and its 9 workshops held in
conjunction with.

In continuation of the successful 1st ARES conference, The Second
International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security
("ARES 2007 – The International Security and Dependability
Conference") will bring together researchers and practitioners in the
area of IT-Security and Dependability.

ARES 2007 will highlight the various aspects of security – with
special focus on secure internet solutions, trusted computing, digital
forensics, privacy and organizational security issues.

ARES 2007 aims at a full and detailed discussion of the research
issues of security as an integrative concept that covers amongst
others availability, safety, confidentiality, integrity,
maintainability and security in the different fields of applications.

Important Dates
================
*  Workshop Proposal: September, 10th 2006
*  Submission Deadline: November, 19th 2006
*  Author Notification: January, 7th 2007
*  Author Registration: January, 21st 2007
*  Proceedings Version: January, 21st 2007

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
====================================================
* Process based Security Models and Methods
* Authorization and Authentication
* Availability and Reliability
* Common Criteria Protocol
* Cost/Benefit Analysis
* Cryptographic protocols
* Dependability Aspects for Special Applications (e.g. ERP-Systems, Logistics)
* Dependability Aspects of  Electronic Government (e-Government)
* Dependability administration
* Dependability in Open Source Software
* Designing Business Models with security requirements
* Digital Forensics
* E-Commerce Dependability
* Failure Prevention
* IPR of Security Technology
* Incident Response and Prevention
* Information Flow Control
* Internet Dependability
* Interoperability aspects
* Intrusion Detection and Fraud Detection
* Legal issues
* Mobile Security
* Network Security
* Privacy-enhancing technologies
* RFID Security and Privacy
* Risk planning, analysis & awareness
* Safety Critical Systems
* Secure Enterprise Architectures
* Security Issues for Ubiquitous Systems
* Security and Privacy in E-Health
* Security and Trust Management in P2P and Grid applications
* Security and privacy issues for sensor networks, wireless/mobile
devices and applications
* Security as Quality of Service
* Security in Distributed Systems / Distributed Databases
* Security in Electronic Payments
* Security in Electronic Voting
* Software Engineering of Dependable Systems
* Software Security
* Standards, Guidelines and Certification
* Survivability of Computing Systems
* Temporal Aspects of Dependability
* Trusted Computing
* Tools for Dependable System Design and Evaluation
* Trust Models and Trust Management
* VOIP/Wireless Security

Submission Guidelines
======================
Authors are invited to submit research and application papers
following the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two
columns, single-spaced, including figures and references, using 10
fonts, and number each page. You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page:
URL: http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm

The Web site for paper registration and electronic submission will be
accessible from the first week of October 2006.
Please refer to ARES website (http://www.ares-conf.org or
http://www.ares-conference.eu) for update information.

ARES 2007 Organizing Committee
===============================

Honorary Co-Chairs
-------------------
Norman Revell, Middlesex University, United Kingdom Roland Wagner,
University of Linz, Austria

General Co-Chairs
------------------
Guenther Pernul, University of Regensburg, Germany Makoto Takizawa,
Tokyo Denki University, Japan

Program Co-Chairs
------------------
Gerald Quirchmayr, University of Southern Australia, Australia A Min
Tjoa, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Workshops Co-Chairs
--------------------
Nguyen Manh Tho, Vienna University of Technology, Austria Abdelkader
Hameurlain, University of Toulouse, France Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka
Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan

International Liaison Co-Chairs
--------------------------------
Maria Wimmer, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany Charles
Shoniregun, University of East London, United Kingdom

Publicity Chair
----------------
Vladimir Marik, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic

Publication Chair
------------------
Monika Lanzenberger, Norwegian University of Science and Technology,
Trondheim, Norway

Local Organizing Chairs
------------------------
Maria Schweikert, Vienna University of Technology, Austria Markus
Klemen, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

Programme Committee
--------------------
See in ARES site (http://www.ares-conference.eu)

_______________________________________________
OPS-NM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-nm