Subject: [OPSAWG] New draft submission on "Inter-Carrier OAM Requirements"

From: Michael Georgiades <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:36:01 +0300

Dear all,

We have just submitted a new IETF Draft at the OPSAWG WG entitled:

Inter-Carrier OAM Requirements
draft-georgiades-opsawg-intercar-oam-req-00.txt

Link to draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-georgiades-opsawg-intercar-oam-req-00.txt

Abstract
This draft considers inter-carrier OAM requirements for supporting
end-to-end OAM functionality and mechanisms development in a
multi-operator environment. It attempts to summarize and discuss the
already proposed OAM requirements addressed in IETF [RFC5706, RFC5860],
ITU-T [Y.1710, Y.1730], MEF [MEFOAM] and IEEE [IEEE1, IEEE2] which were
mainly proposed on a per transport technology basis, and introduce the
need for a distinction and additional requirements for the inter-carrier
OAM operations.

It aims to differentiate Inter-Carrier OAM requirements from
per-technology and inter-operability OAM requirements as the driving
factors and constraints in such an environment maybe very different.

Please feel free to send comments.

Best Regards,

Michael

--
Dr Michael Georgiades
The Maritime Center
PrimeTel PLC - www.prime-tel.com
Omonia Avenue 141, 3045 Limassol, Cyprus
Tel: +357 2586 7212  Fax: +357 2210 2211
[email-masked]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This message contains information, which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message.
PrimeTel Plc