Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 04:12:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : &quot;Guidelines for the use of the OAM acronym in the IETF&quot;
	Author(s)       : Loa Andersson
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Ron Bonica
                          Dan Romascanu
                          Scott Mansfield
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-10.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-05-12

   At first glance the acronym &quot;OAM&quot; seems to be well known and well
   understood.  Looking at the acronym a bit more closely reveals a set
   of recurring problems that are revisited time and again.

   This document provides a definition of the acronym OAM (Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance) for use in all future IETF documents
   that refer to OAM.  There are other definitions and acronyms that
   will be discussed while exploring the definition of the constituent
   parts of the OAM term.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-10.txt