Subject: [OPSAWG] Fwd: update on Network Portability Requirements and Models for Cloud Environment

From: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:11:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title           : Network Portability Requirements and Models for Cloud
Environment
Author(s)       : Keiichi Shima
                          Yuji Sekiya
                          Katsuhiro Horiba
Filename        : draft-shima-clouds-net-portability-reqs-and-models-01.txt
Pages           : 10
Date            : 2011-10-17

   Recent progress of virtual machine technology made it possible to
   host various Internet service nodes in a so called cloud environment.
   The virtual machine hosting technology provides a method to migrate a
   virtual machine from one hypervisor to another.  However, such a
   technology is mainly focusing on a migration between hypervisors
   attached to the same link, and tend not to consider migration over
   the Internet.  This document mentions the purpose of that type of
   operation and describe several possible operation methods to provide
   network portability in cloud systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shima-clouds-net-portability-reqs-and-models-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shima-clouds-net-portability-reqs-and-models-01.txt