Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:02:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CGN Deployment with BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
                          John Cianfarani
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-10-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework to integrate a Network Address
   Translation layer into an operator's network to function as a Carrier
   Grade NAT (also known as CGN or Large Scale NAT).  The CGN
   infrastructure will often form a NAT444 environment as the subscriber
   home network will likely also contain a NAT function.  Exhaustion of
   the IPv4 address pool is a major driver compelling some operators to
   implement CGN.  Although operators may wish to deploy IPv6 to
   strategically overcome IPv4 exhaustion, near term needs may not be
   satisfied with an IPv6 deployment alone.  This document provides a
   practical integration model which allows the CGN platform to be
   integrated into the network meeting the connectivity needs of the
   subscriber while being mindful of not disrupting existing services
   and meeting the technical challenges that CGN brings.  The model
   included in this document utilizes BGP/MPLS IP VPNs which allow for
   virtual routing separation helping ease the CGNs impact on the
   network.  This document does not intend to defend the merits of CGN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/