Subject: [OPSAWG] Review of draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases-01

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:56:36 +0000

Hello,

I have reviewed the draft in the subject (see attachment). It is
interesting to read and provides insights into management of constrained
devices. Again, I am glad to see that the COMAN work has found a home in
OPSAWG.

I believe the draft needs some more work. I understand that the different
sections have been written by different contributors, and each of them is
very interesting to read. However, the draft would benefit from having the
editors unify the description of management properties and challenges. Each
use case picks a few different properties for management of the use case
(e.g., acceptable delay, privacy etc). Maybe it would be beneficial to
agree on a list of properties that each of the use cases must discuss.
Also, it would be helpful for each use case to understand why we can't just
use SMTP/Netconf.
Use cases 3.8 and 3.9 seem redundant.

Best regards
Ulrich