Subject: [OPSAWG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:28:55 -0400

I have submitted the I-D that deprecates the original NAT-MIB module. 
This required work on the introductory sections and the Security 
Considerations section. The MIB module itself is untouched from 
draft-ietf-behave-mib-11.

I did run into a potential process issue: can't name the draft 
"draft-ietf-behave" because Behave is closed. Does that matter for 
AD-sponsored documents?

Tom Taylor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:14:05 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar 
<[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>, Tina 
Tsou <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault 
<[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, 
Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Taylor and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1
Revision:	00
Title:		Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB (Managed Objects for Network 
Address Translators (NAT))
Document date:	2014-10-19
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		60
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1/
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00

Abstract:
    This memo deprecates MIB module NAT-MIB, a portion of the Management
    Information Base (MIB) previously defined in RFC 4008 for devices
    implementing Network Address Translator (NAT) function.  A companion
    document defines a new version, NAT-MIB-V2, which responds to
    deficiencies found in module NAT-MIB and adds new capabilities.

    This document obsoletes RFC 4008.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Scott O. Bradner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:40:49 -0400

the draft file name has not historically mattered for AD sponsored documents 
(unless the name is obscene :-) )

Scott

On Oct 19, 2014, at 8:28 PM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have submitted the I-D that deprecates the original NAT-MIB module. This required work on the introductory sections and the Security Considerations section. The MIB module itself is untouched from draft-ietf-behave-mib-11.
> 
> I did run into a potential process issue: can't name the draft "draft-ietf-behave" because Behave is closed. Does that matter for AD-sponsored documents?
> 
> Tom Taylor
> 
> 
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt
> To: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> Title:		Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB (Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NAT))
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00.txt
> Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1/
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-00
> 
> 
> Abstract:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:05:00 -0600

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I have submitted the I-D that deprecates the original NAT-MIB module. This
> required work on the introductory sections and the Security Considerations
> section.

Very good!

> The MIB module itself is untouched from draft-ietf-behave-mib-11.

Do you plan on modifying it? I would expect the only change to be the
removal of new items defined in draft-ietf-behave-mib, correct?

Simon

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:49:02 -0400

> removal of new items defined in draft-ietf-behave-mib, correct?

That`s correct.

Tom

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:40:54 -0500

Tom,

> "draft-ietf-behave" because Behave is closed. Does that matter for

I think an individual name format would be right. And I don't expect you'll
have a problem thinking of one that's not obscene :-)

Spencer

> > To: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <
> [email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>, Tina Tsou <
> [email-masked]>, Simon Perreault <
> [email-masked]>, Senthil Sivakumar <[email-masked]>, Tom
> Taylor <[email-masked]>, Simon Perreault <
> [email-masked]>
> >
> >