Subject: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-new-01.txt> (HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in USM for SNMPv3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:18:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in USM for SNMPv3'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-new-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo specifies new HMAC-SHA-2 authentication protocols for the
   User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3 defined in RFC 3414.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-new/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-new/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.