Subject: [OPSAWG] RFC 7860 on HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in User-Based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:13:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7860

        Title:      HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in User-Based 
                    Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3 
        Author:     J. Merkle, Ed.,
                    M. Lochter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29329
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7630

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-new-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7860

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7860

This document specifies several authentication protocols based on the
SHA-2 hash functions for the User-based Security Model (USM) for
SNMPv3 defined in RFC 3414.  It obsoletes RFC 7630, in which the MIB
MODULE-IDENTITY value was incorrectly specified.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC