Subject: [OPSAWG] OpsAWG meeting in Seoul - Call for Agenda items.

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 17:13:39 -0400

Dear OpsAWG Working Group,

We are planning on meeting at IETF97 in Seoul; if you have anything
that needs discussion time, please let us know, by replying to this
mail,

If you want to mail the chairs alias directly instead, please include
"[SCHEDULE]" in the email subject - we get lots of mail before
meetings, and don't want any agenda requests to slip through the
cracks.

Meeting time is best used for discussing open issues on drafts, not
simply restating what is in your draft.

If we happen to have some extra time at the end of the meeting we
*may* allow presentations on new work, but in general we require that
the draft has been published and has had significant discussion on
list, so make sure you publish and get feedback early.

Thanks,
W

A few reminders / tips to help your presentation be effective:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Please rehearse your talk, make sure that it fits within the
allocated time slot, and that you have left some time for questions.
It is very impolite to the working group to run over your allocated
time, and we are likely to simply cut you off if you do.

2: We require slides at least *3* days before the meeting; you can
revise them after this point if needed. Please include the version
number on the first page of the slide deck. Please send them to the WG
chairs alias - sending them to just one of us leads to confusion.

3: Please send these in PDF format - we’ve had a number of instances
where the convertor doesn’t handle certain fonts, etc and the
presenter becomes sad.

4: Please include slide numbers on all slides - it’s much easier to
ask someone to go back to slide number 5 than “the slide that was a
couple after the second diagram… no, not that one, the next one… erm…
next?"

5: Slides are a summary of what you want to say - please don’t just
put everything on the slides and read them verbatim (we all know how
to read!)

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf