Subject: [OPSAWG] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 10:24:13 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 to Katleen's comment about optional data channel protection.

In 3.3. IEEE 802.11 WTP Alternate Tunnel Failure Indication

Length == 4, but should it be >4 due to IPv4/IPv6 address at the end?

---

From: Duzongpeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 02:37:50 +0000

Hi, Alexey,

I agree with your comments. Some clarifications as below.

	+1 to Katleen's comment about optional data channel protection.
[duzongpeng] 
I agree that security issues should be considered more in the draft. 
But I think it is resolvable as said in my another email.
[duzongpeng]
	In 3.3. IEEE 802.11 WTP Alternate Tunnel Failure Indication

	Length == 4, but should it be >4 due to IPv4/IPv6 address at the end?
[duzongpeng] 
I agree. Perhaps the authors can correct it.
[duzongpeng]

Best Regards
Zongpeng Du

-----Original Message-----
From: OPSAWG [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexey Melnikov
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 1:24 AM
To: The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-08: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg