Subject: Re: [OPSEC] New I-D: Security Assessment of the Internet Protocol

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:47:43 -0300

At 08:39 a.m. 25/08/2008, George M Jones wrote:

>>You mean the introduction, and protocol description, or what?
>The "this is an IP header" , "these are the fields" bits.   I guess 
>it's got to be there
>if the document is going to be self contained, but in the context of the IETF
>a lot of this is/should be common knowledge.

FWIW, the reason for including that "introductory material" is to 
avoid requiring readers to have to go to other documents for have a 
look a the IP header format, the ECN fields format, etc. IMHO, I 
would keep that stuff in the document. But wouldn't mind removing it 
if the wg feels so.

There's is other "more introductory" stuff such as that in Section 2. 
But that's just some high-level information about the protocol that's 
going to be assessed in the rest of the document. However, as with 
the figures, I wouldn't mind removing them if the wg feels so.

For the most part, I think that removing the figures (header syntax, 
etc) will mean that the reader will have to have a t hand a copy of 
the documents in which those figures were originally included, 
though. (and that's what I tried to avoid by including them in this document).

Thanks!

Kind regards,

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

_______________________________________________
OPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec