Subject: [OPSEC] No in-person meeting in Beijing.

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 12:07:30 -0400

Hello all,

After some discussions Joe Abley and myself have decided that there is not sufficient work to merit in an in-person meeting of the WG at IETF79.

If folk disagree and believe that we should meet / have important agenda items / things that they believe would be better expressed in person, please let us know...

In addition, if folk are working on (or planning on working on) drafts that they believe should become WG items / be discussed on the list, please let us know...

Warren (co-chair).

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:05:08 -0300

Hi, Warren,

I think that it would be valuable that the opsec wg meet at the next
IETF. FWIW, right now these documents could benefit from that meeting:

* draft-ietf-opsec-icmp-filtering: We're right now working on a rev, and
 this could be the last chance for the wg to discuss the document in
person. And might also be a good chance to engage people for reviews ;-)

* draft-gont-opsec-ip-filtering: This I-D was produced upon suggestion
from Ron, and I'm right now re-structuring the document as suggested
(off-list) by Carlos Pignataro

* draft-kristoff-opsec-port-filtering: This I-D was produced upon
suggestion from Ron. We have been making progress (slowly, though), but
we should have a more stable/complete version of the I-D ready by the
time opsec meets.

We might publish some other document in the mean time... but I think
that the above would already benefit from a face-to-face meeting.

FWIW, I'm a co-author of the above three document, and I have been
attending only one every three IETF meetings, so I wouldn't want to miss
the chance to meet with the wg.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Fernando

Warren Kumari wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> After some discussions Joe Abley and myself have decided that there
> is not sufficient work to merit in an in-person meeting of the WG at
> IETF79.
> 
> If folk disagree and believe that we should meet / have important
> agenda items / things that they believe would be better expressed in
> person, please let us know...
> 
> In addition, if folk are working on (or planning on working on)
> drafts that they believe should become WG items / be discussed on the
> list, please let us know...
> 
> Warren (co-chair).
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ OPSEC mailing list 
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec
> 

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:33:37 -0400

Could I get a virtual show of hands on the number of folk who are  
planning on attending Beijing?

It would be sad if we do decide to have an in person meeting and its  
just the chairs and Fernando who show up....

W
On Sep 7, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Fernando Gont wrote:

> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec

--
"I try to be good hard-worker-man, but refrigemater so messy, so so  
messy."
	-- NewsRadio.

---

From: Richard Graveman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:41:55 -0400

I will attend, and I agree with Fernando.

Rich Graveman

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Could I get a virtual show of hands on the number of folk who are planning
> on attending Beijing?
>
> It would be sad if we do decide to have an in person meeting and its just
> the chairs and Fernando who show up....
>
> W
> "I try to be good hard-worker-man, but refrigemater so messy, so so messy."
>        -- NewsRadio.
>
>
>

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:51:46 -0700

I will likely be in bejing.

I would sincerely hope that the docs I've been shepherding would be well
inside of the iesg by then.

joel