Subject: [Ospf-wireless-design] OSPF MANET simulator

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:28:20 -0800

All,
I mentioned at the last IETF that we have been working on a simulator
for evaluating alternative solutions for OSPF MANET.  We've made
our current snapshot of the simulator available at the following
URL:
http://hipserver.mct.phantomworks.org/ietf/ospf/

This is a free, open-source simulator that we have obtained
approval to share with the IETF OSPF MANET design team.  We have
striven to create thorough documentation for this simulator, in
the hopes that anyone else on the design team who wants to kick
the tires themselves on these various proposals, double check
the simulation results, or extend it themselves, can do so
freely and without purchasing a license.  It runs on Linux
(probably Solaris too, although we haven't tried) and probably
can run on Windows too if you install cygwin.  

In a nutshell, it is based on both the Georgia Tech Network
Simulator and the quagga open source routing daemon.  It 
has the following features:

- a port of the quagga ospf6d routing daemon to simulation
space (it is OSPFv3, but running over an IPv4 simulation
substrate by means of internal NATting within the node)

- can be compiled to run as a quagga implementation, for
those people interested in actual experiments

- provides a multicast-capable Point-to-Multipoint interface
for use as a performance baseline

- implements draft-chandra-ospf-manet-ext-01.txt

- (more to come)

I encourage people to download the documentation and/or code
and have a look.  We have put some preliminary results in
Chapter 7 of the documentation, and will have more to say about
them in a later message.

Tom

_______________________________________________
Ospf-wireless-design mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-wireless-design