Subject: [Ospf-wireless-design] An update is available for the OSPF-MDR draft

From: Richard Ogier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:57:48 -0700

The following updated draft is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-05.txt

This will be presented at the IETF meeting.
Only a few changes were made from version 04 to version 05 (listed below).
Version 04 was a major revision (also listed below).

Regards,
Richard

   The main changes from version 04 to version 05 of this draft are as
   follows:

   o  The flooding procedure has been simplified so that the decision to
      forward a new LSA does not depend on which neighbors are (backup)
      dependent.
   o  To avoid accepting poor quality neighbors, and to employ
      hysteresis, a router may require that a stricter quality condition
      be satisfied before changing the state of a MANET neighbor from
      Down to Init or greater.
   o  To avoid selecting poor quality neighbors as routable neighbors, a
      router may require that a stricter quality condition be satisfied
      before declaring a neighbor to be routable.
   o  Subsection 1.1 has been added, which defines commonly used terms.

   The main changes from version 03 to version 04 of this draft are as
   follows:

   o  The draft has been rewritten to specify complete details.
   o  Packet formats are now specified.
   o  The term MANET Designated Router (MDR) is now used instead of
      Designated Router (DR) for MANET interfaces.
   o  Only a single parametrized MDR selection algorithm is now
      specified (previously called the MPN CDS algorithm), which
      includes the Essential CDS algorithm as a special case.  This
      algorithm runs in O(d^2) time, where d is the number of neighbors.
   o  The optional ANP CDS algorithm has been omitted from the draft.
   o  A procedure for selecting the MDR Parent and Backup MDR Parent has
      been added as Phase 4 of the MDR selection algorithm.
   o  The term "synchronized neighbor" has been changed to "routable
      neighbor", to reflect that such a neighbor is not perfectly
      synchronized, but is sufficiently synchronized to be advertised in
      router-LSAs and used as a next hop.
   o  A new option for partial-topology LSAs, called min-cost LSAs, has
      been added, which provides minimum cost routes under certain
      assumptions.

_______________________________________________
Ospf-wireless-design mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-wireless-design