Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-atm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 09:56:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: SPF over ATM and Proxy PAR
	Author(s)	: T. Przygienda, P. Droz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-atm-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 31-Oct-97
	
   This draft specifes for OSPF implementors and users mechanisms
   describing how the protocol operates in ATM networks over PVC and SVC
   meshes with the presence of Proxy PAR. These recommendations do not
   require any protocol changes and allow for simpler, more efficient
   and cost- effective network designs.  It is recommended that OSPF
   implementations should be able to support logical interfaces, each
   consisting of one or more virtual circuits and used as numbered
   logical point-to-point links (one VC) or logical NBMA networks (more
   than one VC) where a solution simulating broadcast interfaces is not
   appropriate.  Proxy PAR can help to distribute configuration changes
   of such interfaces when OSPF capable routers are reconfigured on the
   ATM cloud.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-atm-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-atm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-atm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.