Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-mlinks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:55:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First
IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Multiple Area Links
	Author(s)	: P. Murphy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-mlinks-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 17-Jul-98
	
This memo describes an option to the OSPF Version 2 specification which
allows multiple areas to share the same link. This option adds no
additional link state flooding over shared links other than the normal
link state database exchange and update originating from the link's
configured primary area. The option applies to standard areas, stub
areas, and NSSAreas. It eliminates the excess Area 0 link state baggage
that accompanies the use of virtual links as currently practiced when
configuring similar transits for standard OSPF areas. Routers with this
option configured are backward compatible with routers running the
standard OSPF Version 2 compliant implementation as defined in RFC
2328, and can be restricted to a subset of the OSPF routing domain.
This option is applied only on OSPF border routers.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-mlinks-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-mlinks-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-mlinks-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.