Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:55:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The OSPF Opaque LSA Option
	Author(s)	: R. Coltun
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 14-Jan-98
	
This memo defines enhancements to the OSPF protocol to support a new
     class of link-state advertisements (LSA) called Opaque LSAs.  Opaque
     LSAs provide a generalized mechanism to allow for the future extensi-
     bility of OSPF. Opaque LSAs consist of a standard LSA header followed
     by application-specific information.  The information field may be
     used directly by OSPF or by other applications.  Standard OSPF link-
     state database flooding mechanisms are used to distribute Opaque LSAs
     to all or some limited portion of the OSPF topology.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.