Subject: Re: OSPF performance estimates

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 05:43:46 -0400

Hi Sanjai,

Though I am not sure there are any absolute answers to your questions(or
none that I know of), which would probably depend on the router, vendor
implementation, topology and other such details. You may like to have a look
at the following drafts which would probably give some details:-

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bmwg-ospfconv-term-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bmwg-ospfconv-intraarea-00.txt

which are bmwg working group items.

A paper giving measurements for CISCO GSR and 7513 routers using blackbox
methods is given at: -

http://www.research.att.com/~albert/black-box-measurement.html

Thanks and HTH,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjai Narain [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 9:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OSPF performance estimates

I would appreciate pointers to papers on OSPF performance for
realistically sized networks.  I am particularly interested in OSPF
performance on a single broadcast subnet: What is the largest number of
hosts connected on a single subnet running OSPF, how fast does OSPF converge
on
these and how much bandwidth does it consume? Thanks. -- Sanjai

---

From: Erblichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:33:29 -0700

Interesting,,

        The black-box link points to a valid link, but the
        specified paper and talk pdf file generates a
        error from the Acrobat reader on my Windows '98
        system. Unable to extract front WCEGBT+Times-Roman..

        Mitchell Erblich
        ========================