Subject: Re: Flooding AS-external LSAs

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:46:55 -0400

Vince,

Flooding is done over adjacencies and not over interfaces(if there was a
doubt there ;-)). Yes, all interfaces on a router are eligible, and for each
eligible interface we perform the steps in the same section.

For the simplest case "An implementation shall flood via all qualified
interfaces" to neighbors. However if an implementation can determine that
the neighbor router already has the same version of the LSA in its
database(in which case flooding wouldn't be of any use) it could decide not
to flood it.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Vince [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 4:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Flooding AS-external LSAs

Regarding section 13.3 Next step in flooding procedure: AS-external-LSA's -
"The eligible interfaces are all the router's interfaces ..." This states
what links are qualified to be flooded but does it imply that an
implemenation shall flood AS-external-LSAs via all qualified interfaces?

Vince