Subject: Re: Loopback address in Multiple Areas?

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:28:08 EDT

Acee,

Thanks for your reply.

My application scans all Router LSAs in each area for one or more reachable
addresses of remote routers.  For that node to be declared 'reachable', in
that area, it must have an address advertised in the Router LSA.

Jeff

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:16:43 -0400

> that area, it must have an address advertised in the Router LSA.

Jeff,

I'm not sure at what level your application is running but I think you're better
off to use your the route table to determine reachability. If you still want to use
the OSPF Link State database for discovery you could either use a different
loopback in each area or mandate that each router's router ID be a routable
loopback address.

Thanks,
Acee
P.S. Let's take this off list since it is more an application discussion.

--
Acee