Subject: MD5 interoperability

From: KASHIMA Hiroaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:59:11 +0900

Hi.

Does anyone know Cisco's MD5 connects with other implements?
I'm implementing MD5 for my daemon, which can connect with gated-3.6
and zebra-0.91a, but cannot connect with cisco 12.2(2)T1.
--
KASHIMA, Hiroaki <[email-masked]>
Software Development Deptartment-II,
IP Systems Division, Network System Group

---

From: KASHIMA Hiroaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:30:00 +0900

I misconfigured Cisco.
I've typed below.

Cisco(config-if)# ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 hoge ?
Cisco(config-if)# ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 hoge (ret)

This means md5-key "hoge " which includes the tailor space.
Below enables authentication.

Cisco(config-if)# ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 hoge(ret)

Thanks.

Subject: MD5 interoperability