Subject: OSPF Question

From: Vinay Ravuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:57:49 -0700

Hi,

   Consider the following topology.

    A --------B----------C
    |         |             |
    |         |             |
    D        E          F

Where A, B, C, D, E, F are routers and A, B, C have interfaces out to each other and to D, E, F respectivley.

If I wanted to keep the interfaces between A, B, C private to routers A, B, C.  That is, I do not want D, E, F to know about the interfaces that exist between A, B, C but still have D, E, F to reach each other some how.  How could I accomplish this with OSPF?

One thought I had was perhaps run 2 instances of OSPF on A, B, C.  First instance runs between iterfaces on A, B, C and second between A->D, B->E, C->F and advertise the reachability to D, E, F via the interfaces A, B, C and keep the interfaces between A, B, C hidden.  Does doing something like this make sense or is there a better to accomplish this.  Also, with OSPF how does one differentiate between interfaces on a another node inorder to selectively leak routes?

-Vinay

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

---

From: Vincent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:16:50 -0600

I installed John T Moy's OSPF  simulation app and would like to model
and simulate "highly connected network topologies", unfortunetly I do
not have much real-world OSPF/Networking experience to know what
topologies would be practical. I would appreciate it greatly if someone
could send me a few examples (please identify rtrs w/ ext routes) or an
URL that would have some 'real-world' examples.

Vince

---

From: Sandor Ecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:38:59 +0200

Hi!

Could someone tell me how can I use this simulation app (I downloaded from
www.ospf.org)? Some examples please! I compiled it, but I don't konw what
to do and how...

Thanks!
Sandor

---

From: Vincent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:49:16 -0600

>>URL that would have some 'real-world' examples.
You can run the default example by simply executing 'ospf_sim'. If you
want to see the contents of the 'default configuration' then go to
File->Save As.  Or if your in the trouble shooting mode you can run
'ospf_sim sample.cfg'.   'sample.cfg' is located in <where u untarred
it>/ospfd/ospf_sim. This is probably not the proper forum to discuss
Moy's OSPF implementation so until a mailing list for it opens its doors
you can email me directly and I'll try to answer what I've learn thus far.

Does anybody have some  'real world' examples of "highly connected
network topologies" to share. I would like to persue one of the ospf
charters goals and attempt to develop a mechanism to reduce ospf
flooding traffic in such topologies. Richard Fiutem (since you said you
would)? Anybody Else?

Vince