Subject: WG Last Call for <draft-ietf-ospf-dc-04.txt>

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:04:50 -0400

This is a Working Group Last Call for the I-D
"Detecting Inactive Neighbors over OSPF Deamnd Circuits"
<draft-ietf-ospf-dc-04.txt>. This I-D describes a neighbor probing
technique for detecting inactive neighbors on demand circuits [RFC1793].
We are requesting that this protocol specification be labeled a
Proposed Standard.

Please submit comments on the I-D to the authors and/or
[email-masked] by Wednesday, October 30th.

The abstract of the I-D reads as follows:

    OSPF [RFC2328] is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in
    IP networks. OSPF behavior over demand circuits is optimized in
    [RFC1793] to minimize the amount of overhead traffic. A part of OSPF
    demand circuit extensions is the Hello suppression mechanism. This
    technique allows a demand circuit to go down when no interesting
    traffic is going through the link. However, it also introduces a
    problem, where it becomes impossible to detect a OSPF-inactive
    neighbor over such a link. This memo addresses the above problem by
    the neighbor probing mechanism.

Thanks,
--
Acee

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:04:57 -0800

Folks-

 [wg member hat on]

 The -05 version of the draft has been published recently.
 The only changes are removing refs from the abstract
 to satisfy ID nits and additional text in the Acks section
 about Padma and Derek's original idea that is used as
 part of the mechanism in this doc.

 Thanks.

--
Alex