Subject: Re: How to set the link costs ?

From: Yasuhiro Ohara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 03:35:40 +0900

Thank you very much for replying.
Below is a list of papers/works mentioned in this thread.

regards,
yasu

- Traffic engineering with traditional IP routing protocols
    B. Fortz, J. Rexford and M. Thorup.
    IEEE Communications Magazine, 40(10):118-124, 2002.

- Optimizing OSPF/IS-IS Weights in a Changing World
    IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Advances in Fundamentals of
    Network Management, Spring 2002
  <http://www.research.att.com/~mthorup/PAPERS/change_ospf.ps>

- Fortifying OSPF/IS-IS against link-failure
    Proceedings of the thirteenth annual ACM-SIAM symposium on
    Discrete algorithms, San Francisco, California, 2002 p838-843
  <http://www.research.att.com/~mthorup/PAPERS/lf_ospf.ps>

- Avoiding Ties in Shortest Path Routing
  <http://www.research.att.com/~mthorup/PAPERS/ties_ospf.ps>

- Increasing Internet Capacity Using Local Search
  <http://www.research.att.com/~mthorup/PAPERS/or_ospf.ps>

- Internet Traffic Engineering by Optimizing OSPF Weights
    Bernard Fortz, Mikkel Thorup
    INFOCOM 2000 p519-528
  <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2000/papers/165.ps>

- Internet Traffic Engineering without Full Mesh Overlaying
    Wang, Wang, Zhang

- Dynamic Optimization of OSPF Weights using Online Simulation
    Ye, ...

- A New Approach to Routing With Dynamic Metrics
    Johnny Chen, Peter Druschel, Devika Subramanian
    INFOCOM 1999 p661-670
  <http://www.cs.rice.edu/~druschel/infocom99.ps.gz>

- Minimum Interference Routing with Applications to MPLS Traffic Engineering
    Murali S. Kodialam, T. V. Lakshman
    INFOCOM 2000 p884-893
  <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2000/papers/459.ps>

- Intra-Domain TE via IGP Metric Tuning
    Andrew Lange
    NANOG 2002/06
  <http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0206/ppt/andrew/sld035.htm>

---

From: Andrew Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:25:48 -0800

I added URL's for the Wang, Wang & Zhang and the Ye, et.al. papers below.

Andrew

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:35:40AM +0900, Yasuhiro Ohara wrote:
> X-Mailer: Mew version 2.1 on XEmacs 21.1.14 (Cuyahoga Valley)
> Date:         Wed, 6 Nov 2002 03:35:40 +0900
> Reply-To: Mailing List <[email-masked]>
> From: Yasuhiro Ohara <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: How to set the link costs ?
> To: [email-masked]
> In-Reply-To:  <[email-masked]>
> Precedence: list
> X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-0.5 required=6.0
>       tests=IN_REP_TO,REFERENCES,SPAM_PHRASE_00_01
>       version=2.43
> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 05 Nov 2002 18:35:49.0960 (UTC) FILETIME=[29E8AC80:01C284FA]
>
      INFOCOM 2001
    <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001/paper/744.pdf>
> - Dynamic Optimization of OSPF Weights using Online Simulation
    <http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/467734.html>