Subject: Re: OSPFv2 MIB

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:38:28 -0500

One more point: -

Need an object in the neighbor table which allows helper to disable,
graceful restart helper termination when the link-state database changes.

Besides would we want enhanced TE support from the OSPFv2 MIB, if so what
level would we want to do it?

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Manral, Vishwas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 5:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OSPFv2 MIB

Hi,

I was reading thru the minutes which talked about mib-update-05. While
discussing the v3-MIB with Dan, we had some more issues along with the
hitless for the OSPFv2 MIB. I thought it may be helpful to put them on list
here.

1. We may want to deprecate the ospfExtLsdbTable and instead have a new
ospfAsLsdbTable table like in the V3-MIB. There is no table for type-11's
rite now.

2. We would want a counter for ExtLSACount besides the ASLSACount for the
DBOverflow purposes.

3. The draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-nssa-update-11.txt talks
about configuring "external route tag" we would want to add that to the
AreaAggregateTable.

4. Besides that for hitless restart we could want objects in the neighbor
table
  a) hitless restart interval - got in the grace LSA
  b) hitless restart state - whether helper or not
  c) hitless restart exit reason - restart complete
                              - topology change
                              - indication from restarting router
                              - timer expiry(restart not completed in given
time).
  d) hitless restart time remaining - if the neighbor is acting as a helper

5. Besides that in the general group we could want a configureable
   hitless restart interval - to be used when we r going hitless restart

6. I did try to reach Spencer G. but the mails to the address specified seem
to bounce off, any idea of how we could get to him?

These are all I could dig out, I will check if I have missed out anything.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Acee Lindem [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 2:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 55th IETF OSPF WG Minutes

Thanks to Dimitri Papadimitriou for taking the minutes. I've
done some slight editting. Please send corrections directly to
me (e.g., if you feel you were misquoted).

In the coming weeks, Rohit and I will follow up on unfinished
items. The Web page should be updated with the new charter
shortly.

Thanks,
---
Acee