Subject: FW:

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:44:54 -0500

Let me know if the following mail addressed the first topic you raised.

For the BGP issues you may want to mail the IDR list instead.

Thanks,

Vishwas

 -----Original Message-----
From: Manral, Vishwas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 4:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject:

Hi Anju,

1) Well, if you want to reduce the size of the database in an Area, you
could configure the area as either Stub or NSSA.
You  can check the draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-nssa-update-11.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-nssa-update-11.txt>
and RFC2328 for details.

Besides in OSPF there is a technique called DBOverflow, that allows handling
of unanticipated database overflows - RFC1765.

2) You may like to see the flooding procedure Section 13, and section 10.3
neighbor state machine. The basic idea is that a DR/BDR is elected for each
broadcast link, and non-DR routers form adjacencies with only DR/BDR. The
DR-other sends LSUpdate packets to the address ALLDRRouters and DR/BDr send
to ALLSPF routers.

Thanks,
Vishwas

-----Original Message-----
From: Anju Patel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:55 AM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject:

hi

I have couple of questions about ospf

1) what are the methods to reduce size of the LSP database in OSPF or IS-IS?

2) For OSPF routers that are connected to a multiple access medium- what is
the method used to exchange the LSP-DB?

3) How does one connect an OSPF area that does not have a link to Area0?

4) what are the primary differences between RIP and OSPF?

Thanks.