Subject: ospfNbrAddressLessIndex

From: Mukund Jagannathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:49:56 -0500

Hi:
In the case of unnumbered interface does the ospfNbrAddressLessIndex
represent the ifindex of the local interface or is it the ifindex of the
unnumbered adjacent interface.  This is not the ospfIfAddressLessIf.

[Note: The local router does get the ifindex of the adjacent router over an
unnumbered interface in the router lsa.]

Thanks
Mukund

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:11:39 -0500

Mukund,
My take is that this value is to provide a unique index when there
are parallel unnumbered links between two routers. Therefore, it
corresponds to the local unnumbered interface's ifIndex.

--
Acee