Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:11:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF-TE: An experimental extension to OSPF for Traffic
                          Engineering
        Author(s)       : P. Srisuresh, P. Joseph
        Filename        : draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt
        Pages           : 45
        Date            : 2002-12-9

This document defines OSPF-TE, an experimental traffic engineering
(TE) extension to the link-state routing protocol OSPF. New TE
LSAs are designed to disseminate TE metrics within an autonomous
System (AS) - intra-area as well as inter-area. An Autonomous
System may consist of TE and non-TE nodes. Non-TE nodes are
uneffected by the distribution of TE LSAs. A stand-alone TE Link
State Database (TE-LSDB), separate from the native OSPF LSDB, is
generated for the computation of TE circuit paths. OSPF-TE is
also extendible to non-packet networks such as SONET/TDM and
optical networks. A transition path is provided for those
currently using [OPQLSA-TE] and wish to adapt OSPF-TE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:19:15 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF-TE: An experimental extension to OSPF for
Traffic
                          Engineering
        Author(s)       : P. Srisuresh, P. Joseph
        Filename        : draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt
        Pages           : 45
        Date            : 2002-12-9

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt