Subject: Unnumbered interfaces

From: Ilan Bercovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:35:30 +0200

Hello,

Can anyone please help with this one:

In following part of configuration,
192.9.100.1 and 192.9.100.2 are unnumbered interfaces:

(Embedded image moved to file: pic00555.jpg)

Why doesn't R1 (Cisco1721) add 192.9.100.1 and 192.9.100.2 to it's routing
table?

While it does exist in it's database:

  " Link connected to: another Router (point-to-point)
     (Link ID) Neighboring Router ID: 192.9.100.1
     (Link Data) Router Interface address: 0.0.0.0
      Number of TOS metrics: 0
       TOS 0 Metrics: 100 "

Thanks,
Ilan

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:18:00 -0500

Ilan,
Type 1 router links carry intra-area topological information and
do not result in routes being added to the routing table. If this is
desired I suggest you add the numbered interface to your OSPF
configuration. If it is not a loopback you should also configure
it as passive.

Hope this helps,
Acee

Ilan Bercovich wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>