Subject: Redistribute Static routes

From: Ilan Bercovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:53:57 +0200

Hello

Is "Redistribute Static routes" equivalent to configuring the router as
ASBR?

Is there a way to configure type-1 metric and type-2 metric by standard
MIBs?

Is there a way to select if type-2 or type-2 is used by standard MIBs?

Thanks,
Ilan

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:25:46 -0500

Hi Ilan,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ilan Bercovich" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 9:53 AM
Subject: Redistribute Static routes

> Is "Redistribute Static routes" equivalent to configuring the router as

It depends on the implementation. One could use any redistribution
to determine whether the router advertises itself as ASBR (as per the E-bit
in the  router LSA)  or one could only advertise oneself as an ASBR if there
are actually active redistributed routes to advertise.

> Is there a way to select if type-2 or type-2 is used by standard MIBs?

No. However, for stub areas one can configure the type of the ABR
generated default route via the OSPF MIB (ospfStubMetric).