Subject: Query..Pls help

From: Khan Amir-G20247 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:04:59 +0530

Hi

I'm having a query regarding OSPF MIB updates
"draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-08.txt". In the current draft a new OSPF Host
Table object "ospfHostCfgAreaID" has been added this object is of
read-create type and is a updation to "ospfHostAreaID" which is now
read-only. 

I don't understand why was there a need to introduce a new object
"ospfHostCfgAreaID" when "ospfHostAreaID" already exist ? 

"ospfHostAreaID" was initially read-create only, it could have made to serve
the purpose as ospfHostCfgAreaID serves now, if it woud have been enhanced
to support the feature to configure the new area if  one doesn't exists. 

Besides this, we have to update the "ospfHostAreaID" object everytime with
"ospfHostCfgAreaID" object whenever its been configured by the user, which
is a good as updating "ospfHostAreaID" directly.

Pls revert back with your comments at the earliest.

Regards
Aamir Khan
Motorola India

---

From: Daniel Joyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:51:41 -0400

Backward compatibility rules forbid changing the max-access of an existing
object
when updating a MIB.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Khan
Amir-G20247
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 4:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Query..Pls help

Hi 

Regards 
Aamir Khan 
Motorola India