Subject: OSPF : Summarization of type-7 lsa's

From: tajay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:41:16 +0530

hi guys,
I have some doubts and queries in NSSA. Whenever we use summarization in 
 OSPF we generate only one type-5  lsa for all type-7 lsa's which falls 
under configured summary address.

Now As per RFC 1587 / 3101  " The path type should always be set to the 
highest path type that is subsumed by the net range."

Metric depends on path type ,

    1> If path type selected is external type 2 then type 5 metric 
should be set to the largest type-7 metric subsumed by this net range + 1 ;

****** I have doubt like.. why we add 1 in this cost ..Is there any 
specific reason behind this?

 2> If the path type selected in external type 1 , the type -5 metric 
should be set to the largest metric..

***  In this case we don't add any cost to ASBR. why this is so?

Can any one please give me guideline.
thanks

with regards
ajay