Subject: Re: ospfIfRxBadPacket NOTIFICATION-TYPE

From: "Doros, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:36:39 -0500

Vladimir,

It is not so much that the router cannot determine where the packet came
from, but that the packet came in on a non-virtual link.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailing List [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Vladimir
S. Blazhkun
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ospfIfRxBadPacket NOTIFICATION-TYPE

Hello, please help me to understand ospfIfRxBadPacket NOTIFICATION-TYPE
correctly.

As i red in RFC2328 (section 8.2) and RFC1850, this trap should be sent if
router cannot determine which interface it should associate with incoming
packet, right?

Which real life situations can cause this?

-- 
Vladimir S. Blazhkun,               Personal Communications Systems, LLC.
Leading IP NCC Specialist,          Work phone: +7 495 7847617 ext. 1101.
            JNCIA-J  JNCIA-M #773  JNCIS-M #1100  JNCIP-M #289