Subject: OSPF VRF MIB

From: Hideaki HAYASHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:19:42 +0900

Hi, all

I seems that OSPF-MIB and OSPF-TRAP-MIB do not support VRF specific
information.

For example, as ospfNbrStateChange does not contain VRF infomation,
it is difficult to grasp which neighbor state change.

We implemented OSPF MIB (OSPF-TRAP-MIB) with VRF information as
enterprise MIB.

I need standard OSPF MIB (OSPF-TRAP-MIB) with VRF information.

Please comment.

regards,

-- 
Hideaki

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:58 -0500

Hi Hideaki,

>We implemented OSPF MIB (OSPF-TRAP-MIB) with VRF information as
I don't think this was the right thing to do.

>I need standard OSPF MIB (OSPF-TRAP-MIB) with VRF information.
When you have a separate VRF you have a separate OSPF instance and the
whole OSPF MIB
needs to be instantiated (as well as other MIBs). Multiple instances can
be handled with separate
SNMPv3 contexts and we agreed on this direction a couple years back.

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0301&L=OSPF&D=0&I=-3&P=3128

Hope this helps,
Acee