Subject: ospfIfRxBadPacket NOTIFICATION-TYPE

From: "Vladimir S. Blazhkun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:17:45 +0300

Hello, please help me to understand ospfIfRxBadPacket NOTIFICATION-TYPE
correctly.

As i red in RFC2328 (section 8.2) and RFC1850, this trap should be sent
if router cannot determine which interface it should associate with
incoming packet, right?

Which real life situations can cause this?

-- 
Vladimir S. Blazhkun,               Personal Communications Systems, LLC.
Leading IP NCC Specialist,          Work phone: +7 495 7847617 ext. 1101.
            JNCIA-J  JNCIA-M #773  JNCIS-M #1100  JNCIP-M #289

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:18:10 -0500

Hi Vladmir,

> if router cannot determine which interface it should associate with

Right.

> Which real life situations can cause this?
The most common example would be a misconfigured address on a
router. The router generating the trap would not be able to match the
packet source address to its subnet on the receiving interface.

Hope this helps,
Acee