Subject: [OSPF] transit traffic bypassing the designated router

From: "U. Nilrebmorf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:37:41 +0200

Hi all,

I have a question about OSPFv2 and RFC 2328. In some cases, the adjacency
graph may not contain the shortest paths, especial in broadcast networks
with DR mechanisms. So it may be beneficial to forward transit traffic
bypassing the designated router. Does RFC 2328 allow such a thing: a router
to forward user traffic on a link that is not an adjacency?

Thanks for your precise response,
U. Nilrebmorf
_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:49:25 -0400

> to forward user traffic on a link that is not an adjacency?

Hi U,
The short answer is "Yes". This is clearly stated in section 2.1 of RFC 
2328.
Thanks,
Acee

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>