Subject: [OSPF] TOS field in Rtr-LSA

From: "C D, Prashant Kumar (Prashant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:30:27 +0530

Hi

What is the expected behavior if a Router-LSA is received with unknown TOS
field.

- Prashanth

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:10:49 -0400

>What is the expected behavior if a Router-LSA is received with unknown TOS
Hi Prashanth,

I'm assuming you mean an unknown TOS for one of the link metrics.
You'd ignore it like any other deprecated field unless you
support draft-ietf-ospf-mt-06.txt. If you support 
draft-ietf-ospf-mt-06.txt,
you process it as defined in that document.

Hope this helps,
Acee

---

From: Padma Pillay-Esnault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:23:44 -0700

>What is the expected behavior if a Router-LSA is received with unknown TOS
Liberal in what you accept :-)

I think for good code resiliency you should silently ignore it and 
should have the same behavior
for unknown TLVs

Padma