Subject: [OSPF] calculating next hop

From: AJAY THAKUR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:28:26 +0530

Hi,
I am facing some problem in the rfc2328.

16.1.1. The next hop calculation

If the destination is a router connected to the calculating router via a
virtual link, the setting of the next hop should be deferred until the 
calculation in Section 16.3.

But in the setion 16.3 it is not clear when to set the next how for this
route.

Any help ?

Ajay

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:27:04 -0400

> But in the setion 16.3 it is not clear when to set the next how for this

Ajay,

Section 16.3 describes how to select the best path through a transit area
which is possibly not though the virtual link endpoint ABR. One way to 
implement
this would be to defer setting the next-hop during SPF. Another would be
to install the virtual link ABR next-hop during the backbone intra-area 
SPF (16.1)
and inter-area summary (16.2) processing. Then, possibly update these 
next hops during
transit area processing as described in 16.3.

Hope this helps,
Acee