Subject: [OSPF] inter-area routes (section 16.2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:16:28 +0300

In section 16.2: "If the router has active attachments to multiple areas,
only backbone summary-LSAs are examined."

What should happen in case of 2 areas without backbone?

(Embedded image moved to file: pic26187.jpg)

Regards,
Ilan

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:59:11 -0400

>What should happen in case of 2 areas without backbone?
Hi Ilan,
RFC 2328 really doesn't handle this case but implementations I've seen
just pick one of the attached areas (preferring regular areas over 
stubs/NSSAs).
Implementations supporting RFC 3509 will examine the summaries from
all attached non-backbone areas. 

In general, you should design your backbone such that all ABRs are connected
to the backbone  and the backbone doesn't become partitioned.

Thanks,
Acee

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>