Subject: [OSPF] My Last Call comments on draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-01.txt

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:24:58 -0400

Hi Richard,

This is a very well written document.

Editorial comments on draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-01.txt

  1. Page 2, first paragraph - remove "for the area" as the database  
exchange may
     include LSAs with other flooding scopes as well.
  2. Page 2, third paragraph - replace "beneficially" with "beneficial".
  3. Page 3, example, first paragraph - remove "(but not one)". I  
don't think it adds any
     information.

   Some Suggestions

   1. Page 4, First paragraph, split first sentense into two.

      If this optimization is used, when RT2 receives the first full  
DD packet from RT1,
      it removes all the LSAs that are listed in the DD packet from  
its summary list.
      Then RT2 sends a DD packet that lists the remaining LSAs (since  
all the LSAs fit
      into two DD packets).

   2. Page 4, IANA Considerations - Replace ", which" with " that".

   3. Short heading - Would "OSPF Database Summary List Optimization"  
fit? If not, I
      guess "OSPF Summary List Optimization" is as good a short  
tittle as any.

Thanks,
Acee

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf