Subject: [OSPF] My answer to Acee's question on draft-liu-ospfv3-automated-keying-req-00.txt

From: Liu Ya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:57:53 +0800

Hi Acee,

At IETF 68th meeting you raised a question that 'chickens and eggs'
issue is hard to solve. Thank you for your question. In fact, 7 reqs
are concluded in the -00 version doc. REQ-1 ~ REQ-4 are concerned with
that  issue. In my opinion, they can all be resolved by MSEC
techniques. Maybe the comparison of 'c&e'  is used improperly a bit in
the slide. 

Any other questions and comments are welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Liu Ya 

Following contents are taken from OSPF WG minutes. 
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> OSPF v3 automated group keying Requirements for MSEC - Michael
Barnes
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Acee
> - Looks like requirements hard to satify - chicken and egg problem
> Michael
> - Not an easy problem to solve
> - Not ready to jump right into solutions, hence this document

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf