Subject: [OSPF] Extensions to OSPF to Support Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or-02.txt) - Change for IANA Allocation Policy Compliance

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:19:05 -0400

Since the OSPFv3 Options bits are only allocated through Standards  
Action (RFC 4940) and this is an experimental draft, the authors have  
agreed to move the bits to the OSPF LLS type 1 extended options. The  
alternative would be to re-spin RFC 4940 to change the allocation  
policy.

For your reference, here are the excerpted bit descriptions.
3.2.1  The I Option Bit

    A new I bit is defined in the OSPFv3 option field.  The bit is
    defined for Hello packets and indicates that only incremental
    information is present.  See Section 3.4 for placement of the I bit
    within the OSPFv3 options field.

3.3.5  The F Option Bit

    A single new option bit, the F bit, is defined in the OSPFv3 option
    field.  The F bit indicates that the node supports the Optimized
    Flooding mechanism as specified in this draft.  See Section 3.4 for
    placement of the F bit.

If anyone has any concerns with this change, please speak now or  
forever hold your peace.
Thanks,
Acee