Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'Advertising a Router's Local Addresses in OSPF TE Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 06:15:38 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Advertising a Router's Local Addresses in OSPF TE Extensions '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-te-node-addr-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-te-node-addr-07.txt

Technical Summary

   OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) extensions are used to advertise TE
   Link State Advertisements (LSAs) containing information about TE-
   enabled links. The only addresses belonging to a router that are
   advertised in TE LSAs are the local addresses corresponding to TE-
   enabled links, and the local address corresponding to the Router ID.

   In order to allow other routers in a network to compute Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) traffic engineered Label Switched Paths (TE
   LSPs) to a given router's local addresses, those addresses must also
   be advertised by OSPF TE.

   This document describes procedures that enhance OSPF TE to advertise
   a router's local addresses.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy reported (see PROTO writeup in the ID tracker). At 
   least one CCAMP draft requires this as a normative reference. 

Document Quality

   There is one known implementation, but no products (at the current
   time). 

Personnel

   Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.