Subject: [OSPF] links stub network calculation

From: p6 c6d6 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:29:57 +0530

hi,

"links to stub networks are considered in the second stage of
shortest path calculation". Is there any specific reason to do
that. what happens if they are calculated in the first stage itself.
please shed some light.

thanks

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:34:58 -0500

This is covered on page 167, RFC 2328:

        The specification does not require that the above two stage
        method be used to calculate the shortest path tree.  However, if
        another algorithm is used, an identical tree must be produced.
        For this reason, it is important to note that links between
        transit vertices must be bidirectional in order to be included
        in the above tree.  It should also be mentioned that more
        efficient algorithms exist for calculating the tree; for
        example, the incremental SPF algorithm described in [Ref1].

Hope this helps,
Acee
On Dec 20, 2010, at 10:59 PM, p6 c6d6 wrote:

hi,

thanks

<ATT00001..txt>