Subject: [OSPF] RFC 7471 on OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:51:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7471

        Title:      OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     S. Giacalone, D. Ward,
                    J. Drake, A. Atlas,
                    S. Previdi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 38803
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7471

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network
performance information (e.g., link propagation delay) is becoming
critical to data path selection.

This document describes common extensions to RFC 3630 "Traffic
Engineering (TE) Extensions to OSPF Version 2" and RFC 5329 "Traffic
Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 3" to enable network
performance information to be distributed in a scalable fashion.  The
information distributed using OSPF TE Metric Extensions can then be
used to make path selection decisions based on network performance.

Note that this document only covers the mechanisms by which network
performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for measuring
network performance information or using that information, once
distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 02:11:29 +0000

Thanks to the authors for persistence is publishing this RFC. I believe
these TE extensions were first presented at IETF 80 in Prague under the
moniker of OSPF TE Express Path.
Acee 

On 3/3/15, 8:51 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>OSPF mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf