Subject: [OSPF] More Comments on OSPF S-BFD Discriminator

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:07:47 +0000

I have one major comments and I’ve copied Alvaro since he is reviewing the
base S-BFD drafts. 

  If an OSPF router advertises multiple BFD discriminators, how do the
other OSPF routers in the OSPF routing domain map the S-BFD discriminators
to the OSPF router IP endpoints and services?

I also have some minor comments:

  1) This draft should reference the RFC 4970BIS draft as this is in RFC
EDIT state. 
  2) Section 2.1 - The base RFC 4970BIS draft states that unrecognized
TLVs are ignored (as stated in section 3). This is not specific to this
TLV. 
  3) Section 2.2 - This says the Opaque ID must be 0. Note that an OSPF
router can now originate multiple OSPF RI LSAs instances. I think this TLV
should be allowed in an OSPF RI LSA subsequent to the first.
  4) Section 2.2 - I don’t think we should advocate sending an empty OSPF
Router Information LSA. I’d remove this case.

Thanks,
Acee