Subject: [OSPF] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08.txt

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:56:26 +0000

Since we’ve gone for over two years without significant implementation
traction, I’ve added the “sparse-mode” of backward compatibility where the
OSPFv3 Extended-LSAs MAY only originated as needed for new functions and
backward compatibility is dependent solely on the limitations of those
functions. Please take a look - this is analogous to the direction taken
for OSPFv2 in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr/

Thanks,
Acee  

On 10/8/15, 12:50 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Acee Lindem and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend
>Revision:	08
>Title:		OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility
>Document date:	2015-10-08
>Group:		ospf
>Pages:		34
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08.
>txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08
>
>Abstract:
>   OSPFv3 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
>   with the fixed-format Link State Advertisement (LSA) as described in
>   RFC 5340.  Without LSA extension, attributes associated with OSPFv3
>   links and advertised IPv6 prefixes must be advertised in separate
>   LSAs and correlated to the fixed-format LSAs.  This document extends
>   the LSA format by encoding the existing OSPFv3 LSA information in
>   Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing advertisement of
>   additional information with additional TLVs.  Backward compatibility
>   mechanisms are also described.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>