Subject: [OSPF] OSPF Segment Routing IANA Early Allocations

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:02:27 +0000

OSPF Prefix/Link Attributes is close to being published as an RFC and we
have several requests for early allocation. The first of these is for the
segment-routing code points. Can we request these from IANA? This draft
already has allocation of the OSPF RI TLV code point. This would include
the following code points.

9.2.  OSPF Extended Prefix LSA TLV Registry

   Following values are allocated:

   o 2 - OSPF Extended Prefix Range TLV

9.3.  OSPF Extended Prefix LSA Sub-TLV Registry

   Following values are allocated:

   o 1 - SID/Label Sub-TLV

   o 2 - Prefix SID Sub-TLV

   o 3 - SID/Label Binding Sub-TLV

   o 4 - IPv4 ERO Sub-TLV

   o 5 - Unnumbered Interface ID ERO Sub-TLV

   o 6 - IPv4 Backup ERO Sub-TLV

   o 7 - Unnumbered Interface ID Backup ERO Sub-TLV

   o 8 - ERO Metric Sub-TLV

9.4.  OSPF Extended Link LSA Sub-TLV Registry

   Following initial values are allocated:

   o 1 - SID/Label Sub-TLV

   o 2 - Adj-SID Sub-TLV

   o 3 - LAN Adj-SID/Label Sub-TLV

Thanks,
Acee

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:06:17 -0400

Acee,

I would certainly approve an early allocation request for these.
Be aware that new registries created by a draft aren't subject to
early allocation.  Instead, the new registries are maintained by the
associated draft(s).

Please send an email identifying the draft with the IANA early
allocation requests to IANA and cc me, and then I'll send in my
approval.

Regards,
Alia

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Acee Lindem (acee) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf
>

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:20:31 +0000

Hi Alia,

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 2:06 PM
To: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, OSPF WG List <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] OSPF Segment Routing IANA Early Allocations

Acee,

We certainly want to keep the OSPF Prefix/Link attributes draft decoupled from the attendant drafts using the new encodings. Given the that draft is in RFC Edit state, I hope IANA will allow us to move forward with early allocations.

Will do.

Thanks,
Acee

Regards,
Alia

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Acee Lindem (acee) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

   o 1 - SID/Label Sub-TLV

   o 2 - Prefix SID Sub-TLV

   o 4 - IPv4 ERO Sub-TLV

   o 8 - ERO Metric Sub-TLV

   o 1 - SID/Label Sub-TLV

   o 2 - Adj-SID Sub-TLV

Thanks,
Acee

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf