Subject: [P2Prg] CfP: ETT Special Issue on P2P Networking and P2P Services

From: "Kurt Tutschku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:16:00 +0100

Please, accept our apologies if multiple copies are received.

***********************************************************************

Deadline for paper submissions is March 31, 2004

***********************************************************************

CALL FOR PAPERS

European Transactions on Telecommunications (ETT)

(http://www.interscience.wiley.com/)

Special Issue on P2P Networking and P2P Services

Peer-to-peer (P2P) services have evolved to the most popular
applications in 

today's Internet. Remarkably, only very simple protocols and almost no
support

by the transport network were needed to make these distributed services
operable

on a large scale in little time. P2P entails a highly attractive
paradigm in 

distributed computing: P2P is based on communication between equals. The
peers are 

highly autonomous. P2P services provide simple and efficient mechanisms
to pool and 

share exchangeable resources like CPU cycles, disk space or content.
These features 

allow that any peer can be removed without resulting in a complete loss
of service, 

in contrast to the traditional client/server concept where a failure of
the central 

entity may corrupt the service completely. A P2P mode of operation,
however, also 

has some downsides. P2P protocols cause high traffic volumes, including
data traffic 

as well as signaling traffic. P2P network topologies reveal a high
variability and 

P2P traffic patterns of P2P applications fluctuate strongly in time and
space. It is 

anticipated that traditional network design techniques and traffic
engineering procedures 

may not longer be applicable. New methods are needed that maintain the
autonomous 

and self-organizing characteristics of P2P in order to provide
appropriate service 

stability, quality, and efficiency.  

The focus of the special issue of ETT will include (but is not limited
to) the following 

topics (see also attached pdf file): 

- P2P applications and services

- P2P protocols, algorithms, and infrastructures

- Performance measurements and performance analysis of P2P networks

- Security, privacy and accounting issues in P2P networks

- Mobile P2P over different kinds of bearer services

- Mobile P2P algorithms

- Mobile P2P & operator/provider requirements

- Business cases for P2P

Electronic submission of pdf files or uuencoded gzipped postscript files
is strongly encouraged. 

Please send your document to:
<outbind://113/[email-masked]>
[email-masked]  

The following deadlines will apply:

- Submission of manuscripts              March 31, 2004

- Notification of acceptance             June 15, 2004

- Submission of final manuscript         July 15, 2004

- Publication                            3rd quarter 2004

Kurt Tutschku (Coordinating guest editor)

Depart. Distributed Systems, Institute of Computer Science,
University of Wuerzburg, Germany.

 <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

Hermann de Meer         

Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, 

University of Passau, Germany.

[email-masked]

Frank-Uwe Andersen

ICM - Future IP technologies -

Siemens AG, Germany.

[email-masked]

Konosuke Kawashima

Dept. of Computer, Information and Communication Sciences

Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology, Japan.

[email-masked]