Subject: [P2Prg] P2PJ Call for Reviewers

From: Sam Joseph <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:04:48 +0900

------------------------------------------------------------------
                              CALL FOR REVIEWERS

                                  Peer-to-Peer Journal

                                 (http://p2pjournal.com)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies if you receive this announcement more than once.

The Peer-to-Peer Journal (P2PJ) is an electronic, refereed journal
devoted to comprehensive coverage of Peer-to-Peer and Parallel computing
topics. It is freely available, with no subscription and is located at
http://www.p2pjournal.com/.

All articles submitted to P2PJ are evaluated by referees who comment
on the article and make recommendations to the Editor. P2PJ is looking
to expand the number of referees and would very much welcome volunteers
from those interested in P2P and with specializations in relevant fields.

When P2PJ receives articles, the editorial board selects referees to
approach according to the overlap between the article itself and the
expertise of the potential reviewers. An invitation email is then sent
to the selected referees, with the anonymised article attached and a
checklist of points to consider. P2PJ hopes to receive reviews
within 10 to 14 days. The authors then receive an anonymised version
of the referees' comments and suggestions for improvement of the article.

While there are no direct benefits available to referees, reviewing
does allow you to see the current state of the art andis of immense
benefit to the peer-to-peer community generally and to the authors
of the submission specifically. A referee would not normally receive
more than three papers a year to review, and most referees are asked
to review only occasionally, when a paper in their particular field
is submitted.

While there are no direct benefits available to referees, reviewing
does allow you to see the current state of the art, is of immense
benefit to the peer-to-peer community generally, and is beneficial
to the authors of the submission specifically.

If you would like to become a referee for P2PJ, please send this
this email to [email-masked] after completing the form below.

-----------------------------------------------
Title: (e.g. Dr, Prof.)
First name:
Family Name:

Affiliation/institution:

Email address:

Keywords describing your area of expertise and interest
(please be a specific as possible, e.g. 'distributed hashtables',
not 'p2p'). List up to 5 keywords or phrases, one per line:

Do you have a doctorate (PhD)? If so, in what field:

Number of papers you have published in refereed journals:

Thank you. Your reply will be acknowledged. Invitations to
referee will then arrive when appropriate papers are submitted
to P2PJ. If you need to update your details, please notify
<[email-masked]>

Raymond F. Gao, Editor-in-Chief
Daniel Brookshier, Editor
Sam Joseph, Editor

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg