Subject: [P2Prg] Call for Papers for P2P2004

From: Nathalie Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:32:58 +0100 (MET)

Dear Recipient,

The call for papers for the Fourth International Peer-to-Peer conference
(P2P2004) is now available. An excerpt is attached below, and the full
version with further information can be found at http://femto.org/p2p2004/

We are looking forward to your submissions and contributions for the
conference, and would like to ask you to forward this call for papers
to any forum or list of people that you would find appropriate.

            Many thanks,

  Nathalie Weiler + Germano Caronni

CALL FOR PAPERS FOR P2P 2004          (see also http://femto.org/p2p2004)
============================

The Fourth International Peer-to-Peer conference (P2P2004) is now seeking
your paper submissions. It is to take place at the Swiss Federal Institute
of Technology in Zurich, from Aug. 25 to Aug 27. 2004.

The Scope
---------
P2P2004 is the fourth Conference in a continuation of annual conferences
concerned with the convergence of overlay network technologies that
empower the leaf-nodes. These technologies include Peer-to-Peer, Grids,
Clusters, and the Web Services that ride over them. These overlay networks
are converging toward a common set of protocols due to their extensive
implementations on the Internet and other shared environments.

These new protocols render the overlay networks functionally independent
of the networks that they ride on. This has opened new security
issues. Not only must we be concerned with the security within the
overlay network, we must be concerned with the threats they may spawn
toward the networks they ride on.

Consistent with our previous conferences we promote a collaboration
in research between academic institutions, government organizations,
and business enterprises that are concerned with the research and
implementation of P2P, Grids, and Clusters.

Topics
------
Any topic that relates to Peer-to-Peer, Grids, and Clusters is open
for consideration. We would like to give special encouragement to
research papers on security technology and policy issues for these
overlay networks. Some of the suggested topics are:

Security in P2P Systems 		Trust and Reputation
Accountability 				Applications
Overlay System Monitoring 		Agents
Overlay Super Computers 		Middleware
Overlay Architectures 			Network Management
Wireless 				Protocols
Collaboration 				Supernodes
Grids 					Clusters
Object Location and Retrieval 		Storage Systems
e-Commerce

We include all presented papers in the proceedings. The IEEE Proceedings
hardcopy will be available at the Conference.

Important Dates
---------------

Paper submission deadline:   2 May 2004
Notification of acceptance:  7 June 2004
Camera ready papers due:    20 June 2004
Conference:                 25-27 August 2004

For more information and submission details, please visit our website
at http://femto.org/p2p2004

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg