Subject: [P2Prg] SAINT 2006 Workshop CFP: Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2006)

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:09:59 +0200

Second Call for SAINT 2006 workshop papers (please note the updated
paper format)

2nd Workshop on 
Next Generation Service Platforms for Future Mobile Systems (SPMS 2006)

(see also: 
http://www.saintconference.org/,
http://infonet.cse.kyutech.ac.jp/conf/saint06/,
SAINT 2006: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, January 23-27, 2006)

The enormous success of the Internet results to a large extent from the
flexible and easy to use platform it provides to create innovative
services and applications that quickly find acceptance and customers. In
parallel to the Internet, mobile communications also has evolved to an
integral component in our everyday life providing a growing variety of
services. Industry is pushing new standards that allow high data rate
multimedia applications as well as seamless communication across
heterogeneous radio and network technologies. The success of the next
generation mobile telecommunication systems will again depend on the
services and applications that can be provided. These future systems are
expected to integrate the paradigms of traditional mobile
telecommunication systems with the Internet protocols and software
engineering methods. New paradigms will emerge. For example, the
customer acceptance is considered to be widely increased by tailoring
services and applications to actual user needs, their preferences and
the context a user is in. Ubiquitous services receive increased user
acceptance (e.g., Peer-to-Peer). A well engineered next generation
service platform should provide all capabilities to allow innovative
services to be created and deployed in short time addressing user needs.
Third party interfaces allow a chaining of expertise in service
provisioning. Semantic technologies may help to structure knowledge
about the user environment.

Researchers, practitioners and developers are invited to submit original
unpublished papers in the following areas:

* Open Service Architectures (open interfaces, third party providers)
 
* Mobile Service Platforms (incl. terminal aspects and mobile
middleware)

* Service Platforms for ubiquitous communication and P2P

* Capabilities and features for next generation mobile services
(context-awareness, personalization/personal agent, high quality
multimedia, information distribution, adaptation)

* Service Building Blocks (service modelling, semantic technologies,
service creation, service discovery, service composition, service
management)

* Privacy and trust as enabling technologies for future service
platforms

* Mobile service platform prototypes and evaluation

* Innovative applications and services

This workshop is open to contributions from all experts in service
technologies from industry and academia, including bodies such as mITF
and WWRF, but not being limited to those. The Mobile IT Forum (mITF) and
the Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF) are both organizations working
towards the next generation of mobile communication systems. The two
bodies represent each more than 140 member organizations (including
companies, universities, and research institutes). Both bodies have
dedicated working groups to the architecture/platform challenge. This
workshop will be an opportunity to discuss service architecture/platform
issues on a highly international level with experts from both bodies.

Submission Guidelines

Page limit: 4 pages in IEEE Conference format.
Description: The submitted paper should contain authors names and
affiliation and postal address, and fax number
Format: Paper should be submitted in .pdf or .ps or .doc. 

Papers should be submitted to the workshop organizers.
All papers will be reviewed by at least three expert reviewers.

Important dates

Paper submission: Thursday, September 15, 2005.
Camera ready due: Tuesday, November 1, 2005.

Workshop organizers

Stefan ARBANOWSKI, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany, WWRF WG2 Service
Architecture, Chair, [email-masked]

Wolfgang KELLERER, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany, WWRF WG2, Vice Chair 
[email-masked]

Masayoshi OHASHI, KDDI, Japan, mITF Service Platform WG, Chair 
[email-masked]

Mitsuru UESUGI, Panasonic Japan, mITF Service Platform WG, Vice Chair
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kellerer
Manager
Ubiquitous Services Platforms
Future Networking Lab
 
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe GmbH Landsberger Str. 312
80687 Munich, Germany
 
Tel. +49-89-56824-222
Fax. +49-89-56824-300
E-mail: [email-masked]
i-mode: [email-masked]
http://www.docomolab-euro.com
------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg